Wicked Ward stops charged ES before 100% full

I've noticed at low levels Wicked Ward seems to not stop charging if you are taking damage after ES recharge has started but before it hits 100%. This used to not be the case, it would continue to charge indefinitely until ES reached 100% full.

Was Wicked Ward silently nerfed? I checked the wiki and it shows the last changed to it not very recent. This is a very recent change vs what I've observed in recent past, hence the ask.
Last bumped on Jan 23, 2022, 8:17:49 PM
Probably divine shield or ghost dance keystone.

You cant recover es above armor and evasion respectively.
I'm sub lvl 10, I don't have any of that. Its just Wicked Ward and a handful of non-notable passives. Wicked Ward is not being influenced by gear or tree, or jewels of any kind.
NVM, misunderstood your reply. :)
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
Last edited by Aragorn14 on Jan 23, 2022, 7:17:54 PM
Hmm well im not sure without seeing a video of it in action then. Never seen anyone path straight to wicked ward.
You are most likely exceeding the "recently" aspect of Wicked Ward by taking damage during the recharge. Recently is 4 seconds, and that counter gets reset every time you take damage. The recharge won't be interrupted during that initial 4 seconds, but it will stop after whether you're at full or not unless it's been long enough since you last took damage for your normal recharge to kick in.

This is not new. You just don't notice it nearly as much at higher levels, because your recharge will be more efficient. The transition back and forth between uninterrupted and normal recharge is much more seamless, unless you're just getting constantly hammered.

It's very noticeable at low levels though, but you also don't really need it at low levels, so it's not worth pathing to Wicked Ward too early.
I have a pretty good sense of humor. I'm not German.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info