Please nerf my minions.

I've played a Raise Spectre character for many years now and as time passes i switch from this pet or that pet depending on a lot of factors until i encountered the Baranite Preachers, nothing really compares and there is a very specific reason for this.. Their base critical strike chance on their primary spell (ball lightning) is 32%

Compare this to say a monster from Legion the Templar Tactician which uses the same spell with a higher base damage but has a 5% critical strike chance and the same goes for a great deal of potential side-grade monsters using the same and other spells.

I first noticed the crit rate when i first ran these pets back during the Atlas expansion where sirus was added and as i play with just about every monster in the game this was glaringly obvious as they would constantly crit without any critical supports.

So please nerf Baranite Preachers to be in line with pretty much every thing else in the game.

or

Please do a basic pass on the other monsters in the game and touch up on some things like their crit rate or other misc stats to make more pets viable in the current state of POE.
Innocence forgives you
Last bumped on Dec 21, 2021, 7:20:41 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I play necromancer a lot but almost never spectres, mainly because i always hated the clunkiness of having to raise or find them again, especially during difficult situations.

Given the shear number of monster type in this game, it maybe quite difficult to go through or balance mob damage stats. i also have the impression that every league, someone will always find an OP spectre, and it then becomes meta for a while. Also, GGG previous nerf to the monster level of the "raise spectre" gem, has caused utility spectres to die constantly. Perhaps an easy fix on their part, but much frustration for many players like myself.

One way is perhaps to severely limit the pool of mobs that can be raise as spectres for dps, but this might kill the "raise spectre" build entirely.
Last edited by suitto on Dec 18, 2021, 10:58:01 PM
"
suitto wrote:
I play necromancer a lot but almost never spectres, mainly because i always hated the clunkiness of having to raise or find them again, especially during difficult situations.

Raise Spectre has had a lot of improvement since its original release like keeping your pets through logout, However desecrate due to what i can only assume is a cost saving measure is not keeping its corpses in instances you were just in and lots of other situations, I've got a thread on it here if you feel like chiming in: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3221807

"
suitto wrote:

Given the shear number of monster type in this game, it maybe quite difficult to go through or balance mob damage stats. i also have the impression that every league, someone will always find an OP spectre, and it then becomes meta for a while. Also, GGG previous nerf to the monster level of the "raise spectre" gem, has caused utility spectres to die constantly. Perhaps an easy fix on their part, but much frustration for many players like myself.

In regards to the Baranite Preachers they have been OP since release, It just took me some time to actually check the raw numbers via third party websites to see just how much.

On the op spectres being found each league, This is true for the most part but people do seem to be trying new things here and there even from past leagues especially as new items become available such as Gravebind, it was actually quite refreshing to see a few new things being used this league.

And about your personal experience with the monster level being changed yes that really sucks, They also removed one of the max spectres and raised the requirements of the extra spectre below that forcing me as a guardian running spectres to have a level 4 empower and +1 spectre boots to get my final spectre instead of a lvl 3 empower outright... It felt pretty bad to have those changes happen so quickly after the update.

"
suitto wrote:

One way is perhaps to severely limit the pool of mobs that can be raise as spectres for dps, but this might kill the "raise spectre" build entirely.

It would definitely kill it for me, One of the things i like most about raise spectre is that you can raise anything.. Only a few games have this ability given to the player one of them ofc being Skyrim.

The gem would surely still have a lot of charm even if the pool were severely reduced but i would fight that change tooth and nail lol.

Thank you very much for your input.
Innocence forgives you
"
suitto wrote:

Given the shear number of monster type in this game, it maybe quite difficult to go through or balance mob damage stats. i also have the impression that every league, someone will always find an OP spectre, and it then becomes meta for a while.

Hahah.
Not anymore.
Close to no one play spectres this krangled league. And we all know why?
"
DarkJen wrote:
"
suitto wrote:

Given the shear number of monster type in this game, it maybe quite difficult to go through or balance mob damage stats. i also have the impression that every league, someone will always find an OP spectre, and it then becomes meta for a while.

Hahah.
Not anymore.
Close to no one play spectres this krangled league. And we all know why?

o-o i always play spectre, but are you hinting at the fang of arakali?

Such a fun build
Innocence forgives you

Isn't it because of the fix (not nerf) to Syndicate Operatives, compounded by the bug in desecrate.
Or maybe because dps spectres are either slow, either squishy, or both?

Anyone managed to complete lvl 30 Simulacrum with spectres?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info