Fla_Panther's Super Simple Loot Filter - Scourge

Link to the tool here: https://github.com/flapanther33781/poe-filter

You can either download the tool (requires Python to run), or download the .filter files I'll crate and place in the github directory.

EDIT #4 - Also I'm seeing ~21k items from poe.ninja, so we're about 2/3rds of the way to having a full list of items. Even HHs are already listed, so I'm very curious what's not being listed yet this league.

EDIT #3 - I heard back from the guy who runs poe.ninja. I misunderstood his site. I thought he had a list of all items in the game and was fetching them from the GGG trade site. He doesn't. He scrapes their site for whatever they have, so if no one's listed it for sale it won't be in his data.

This means the tool as currently written is no good for the first 1-3 days of the league. (Yesterday the CSV I'm pulling from poe.ninja had ~700 lines, now it's ~7k, and last league it was ~37k near the end of the league.) I'm going to have to generate a manually-curated filter to be used at the start of every league launch, and then maybe 2-3 days after league launch a user could delete that and then either run the program themselves to play with the settings they want, or download updated .filter files that I may upload to the Github page.

Which, incidentally, is similar to what FilterBlade does, but I thought his manually-curated filters were just because he liked to tweak certain things like items that are often low-confidence or price-fixed. I now understand it's not and why not.

I would say for new players the current state of the filter is probably already good enough right now to get them to at least white maps, but I'll need to plan for next league launch a bit differently.

EDIT #2 - poe.ninja's data was still including some items that had been removed from the game (Perandus scarabs and Delirium orbs). I've manually removed them from the .filter files on the Github page. I then noticed Armourer's Scraps were not included in poe.ninja's data and the Perandus items were taken out. But now there's some issue where I'm only getting ~900 lines of data from poe.ninja when it's normally around ~30k lines. I've messaged the guy who runs the site, no update at the moment.

EDIT #1 - To get the league list to upload to include Scourge, go into the scripts subdirectory and delete the file 00_league_list.txt then re-run the main python script.

This tool is fairly new. Its main purpose is for newer players or people who want a more streamlined layout (universal tiers, no race/crafting items, etc). Still in the playtesting phase.

This will be my first time updating the tool to a new league start, so please bear with me. At the moment poe.ninja hasn't updated their site so my tool only sees Standard as a league option, the others don't exist yet. As such, for league start I'm going to use the basic filter from Standard with no overrides and with the miscellaneous checkboxes set to True.

I've manually removed the items that have been removed from the game, I'm also manually changing the Hide All section at the end to only hide Normal items in the outputted filters. (If you're using the Python tool itself you may want to edit the output text files as well.) This should catch anything worth picking up in Acts 1-10. That should hold us over for the first few hours.

At some point I should be able to download new data from poe.ninja and pass it through my tool. If it all goes through smoothly, great, if not I'll troubleshoot. If there are any new items that poe.ninja's not tracking then it should be caught by the catch-all at the end that colors stuff bright pink. (I borrowed NeverSink's formatting there since I figure people will be familiar with what that indicates.)

Also, I've added a text file in the root of the Github page. It's a checklist of the statically-configured things in the filter, for Magic Find players so they know what they need to change/adjust for their needs. It's not important for league start but thought I'd mention it.

If you have any issues you can open an issue on the Github page or ask a question here.

Last edited by Fla_Panther on Oct 25, 2021, 11:53:41 AM
Last bumped on Oct 22, 2021, 8:21:40 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info