Defiance Banner

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Last bumped on Feb 27, 2022, 5:52:34 PM
War Banner:
  Nearby Enemies take 12% increased Physical Damage
  21% increased Accuracy Rating

Dread Banner:
  Nearby Enemies have 22% less Accuracy Rating
  20% chance to Impale Enemies on Hit with Attacks

Defiance? Banner:
  Nearby Enemies have 30% reduced Critical Strike Chance
  50% increased Armour and Evasion Rating

How on earth is this even balanced?!

War banner gives two notables worth of accuracy and 12-7% more phys damage dealt.

Dread banner gives 1.5x notable amount of impale chance and awesome unconditional unique less accuracy mod that is so great that it worth using even on a evasion based caster build.

"Defiance" banner gives two Cloth and Chain nodes (but w/o resists, no, no, would be too stronk) which doesn't change anything has pitiful effect for a build that actually trying to scale armour and evasion.
The "reduced crit" effect has only two usage modes — on a map with or without of Deadliness mod
if the mosters arn't affected by +380% crit chance the default crit rate and crit multiplier (130%) is so low that the banner effect literally isn't noticeable.
Against the map crit mod the banner effect grants only 6.25% less crit chance.
Taunt seems great on paper but in current game version majority of dangerous monsters are straight ignoring the mechanics.

How? How?!

The banner has been made by a person who was obsessed by the idea of a great visual component and taunt implementation. The gameplay worth of the banner is close to zero

actual Defiance banner

Defiance Banner:
  Nearby Enemies have 30% less Critical Strike Chance
  15% more Armour and Evasion Rating

Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Aug 3, 2021, 11:02:45 AM
I would be all for buffing the seemingly laughable stats provided by carrying the banner, but it seemed to me the big ticket item on this banner was the 15% less damage on taunted monsters. Now, I'm not too familiar with what mobs cannot be taunted, so it may be I'm overestimating the power of that. 7.5s of 15% less damage on monsters isn't bad though.
Does the banner affect also player or minions only? It says "You and nearby allies have increased armour..." yet my stats stay the same with or without banner.
Some time has passed since the skill release, the game has changed.
The game offers little to none mitigation sources of incoming physical damage for a pure evasion "archetype". DTaE mod on helmet has been long time nerfed, taste of hate is unreliable and overnerfed, 3x purities watcher's eye is "unobtainable" and has low gain/investment rate, stacking evasion to absurd amount is literally absurd and it doesn't work in the current game state when your character could get hit 300 times per second etc.
So now every single lvl 95+ character who against the "miserable death every two maps" event have to use Determination and so Def Banner is the only effective source of the "% increased armour" stat.

Defiance Banner could be a skill that somehow improves your defence-focused character instead it's The skill everyone using to keep their pathetic lives going.
Spoiler

I'm so sick of "absolutely mandatory things" you stack up on players over the years.
I miss pre-2.0 times when you could beat the game only based on your "skills", reaction time and game knowledge (and vaal pact)
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
Last edited by a_z0_9 on Feb 22, 2022, 1:58:46 PM
For some reason I won't be able to use Defiance Banner, says "Skill can't be used". It is not linked to CWDT or anything triggerable, nor have I mana problems (more than 10% mana available). What might be reasons why Defiance Banner becomes blocked?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info