spectacular light show after 3.14.1d every 2 hours or so - now fixed in 3.14.3

but the gameplay is much worse and definitely not spectacular

I never had this issue before that patch. Now I need to restart the client every 2 hours or so. After the restart things go back to normal. Using the new clear cache option does nothing for the situation. It usually applies suddenly - like Ruin. It's not gradual to tell me it's about to get crazy and I should probably restart the game ahead of the upcoming disco party.

The graphics were stable before the patch and short of just a hard crash nothing degraded to this extent for any length of time. I'm on a GTX 1080 Intel i9 9900K Win 10 Pro using Vulcan. It runs the game well enough for the specs but after the patch I'm forced to periodically/frequently restart the client because the game becomes unplayable.

Thanks.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
Last edited by cgexile on Jul 8, 2021, 11:22:03 PM
Last bumped on Jul 8, 2021, 5:50:35 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
So I hope I don't jinks anything by saying that I think 3.14.3 actually fixed this particular client issue I was having. Normally the client chokes around 2 - 3 hours with a spectacular effects light show but it's been 5+ hours and I see no sign of degradation.

I also want to say that the performance of Rituals has improved substantially. I never had much trouble with FPS in Ultimatums (except a hard crash occasionally which still happens even after 3.14.3) but Ritual performance was atrocious and now they seem to be performing fairly smooth.

I am cautiously and hopefully not prematurely saying nice job.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info