[FIX] What improved my terrible frames and texture streaming as of 3.13 (Nvidia GPUs)

My game ran perfectly fine prior to Ritual. Heist was arguably the best league performance-wise for me.

Ever since Ritual started, I've had nothing but frame and texture streaming issues. Nothing that GGG released after the league launched was able to fix it, until I did the following thing:

Cleared every potential shader cache location and temp files.

The below guide is based around NVdia GPUs:

1. Go to:
C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\NV_Cache
Delete everything inside the folder. Skip anything that is currently in use by your system

2. Go to:
C:\Users\your-username-here\AppData\Local\D3DSCache
Delete everything inside the folder. Skip anything that is currently in use by your system

3. Go to:
C:\Users\your-username-here\AppData\Local\NVIDIA\GLCache

4. Go to:
C:\Users\your-username-here\AppData\Local\Temp

The above was the only solution I found for a massive texture loading/streaming issue as shown in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MUGlIxN3q8
Sitting in HO spamming alts for 4 hours straight is peak PoE gameplay. Thanks, Chris.
Last bumped on Jul 13, 2021, 6:51:48 AM
Thank you! This fixed my problem too.

(https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3044601)
Kick to the top for more visibility.

Awesome find Ydoum. Thanks for this. Helped out 2 of my guildies that have NVidia cards.

Cheers mate!

~Dune
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
yeah I will try this also. :)
You're all welcome. Just trying to help.

Would be nice if GGG pinned this thread.
Sitting in HO spamming alts for 4 hours straight is peak PoE gameplay. Thanks, Chris.
Last edited by Ydoum on Feb 12, 2021, 8:27:35 PM
Dam sadly this didn't help with my constant freezing and stuttering :(
Thanks! It really helped me with fps drops.
Just for information, in the latest nvidia drivers, the name and location for the DirectX cache has changed, it's now :

C:\Users\your-username-here\AppData\Local\NVIDIA\DXCache

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info