3.13 Crash (Vulkan Device Lost Error)

Hey! I keep getting this bug where the game crash after i afk and have the game minimized.

Steps to reproduce:
Minimize game
afk 5 or 10+ minutes
tab back to game and get black poe window and crash

This is what it sais in client.txt
2021/01/30 06:12:58 18285359 31cb [CRIT Client 1944] [VULKAN] vk::DeviceLostError::DeviceLostError: vk::Queue::submit

It only happens it seems if i minimize the game to the taskbar if i keep it in the background it's fine.
Last edited by JoJoAnd on Jan 30, 2021, 12:25:44 AM
Last bumped on Feb 8, 2021, 9:01:17 AM
Hey, I am also having the same issue, hoping there is a fix for it!
I get the same message in my client log files when game crashes to desktop, has nothing to do with me being afk or minimizing the window though. Game for me just shutsdown in the middle of maps etc. I'm playing windowed fullscreen
HI Exiles,

Are you able to let us know if this error/issue occurs when switching to the DirectX11 renderer? You should be able to do this via the Graphics tab in the Options menu.
"
Nichelle_GGG wrote:
HI Exiles,

Are you able to let us know if this error/issue occurs when switching to the DirectX11 renderer? You should be able to do this via the Graphics tab in the Options menu.

It doesn't seem to happen when i switch to directx11, though i don't really want to go back to dx11 when vulcan gives me better performance whilst playing.
Last edited by JoJoAnd on Feb 6, 2021, 1:47:29 PM
"
JoJoAnd wrote:
"
Nichelle_GGG wrote:
HI Exiles,

It doesn't seem to happen when i switch to directx11, though i don't really want to go back to dx11 when vulcan gives me better performance whilst playing.

Hiya,

Unfortunately Vulkan is still in Beta so this may simply be something which needs to be reviewed and adjusted, if you're able to play on DirectX11 in the meantime that's at least a start.

Are you able to provide us with a Dxdiag report at all? To generate a Dxdiag report, please follow these steps:

Press the windows key + r on your keyboard to bring up the Run interface
Type dxdiag into the run dialogue box and press enter
When the dxdiag application starts up, press the Save All Information button in the bottom right and save the report to your desktop to either email through to us at techsupport@grindinggear.com or post via a pastebin link in your forum thread.

"
Nichelle_GGG wrote:

Hiya,

Unfortunately Vulkan is still in Beta so this may simply be something which needs to be reviewed and adjusted, if you're able to play on DirectX11 in the meantime that's at least a start.

Are you able to provide us with a Dxdiag report at all? To generate a Dxdiag report, please follow these steps:

When the dxdiag application starts up, press the Save All Information button in the bottom right and save the report to your desktop to either email through to us at techsupport@grindinggear.com or post via a pastebin link in your forum thread.

I've sent a dxdiag now
"
JoJoAnd wrote:
"
Nichelle_GGG wrote:

Hiya,

I've sent a dxdiag now

Thanks! We'll be sure to get back to you as soon as possible!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info