[PS4] June missions bug?

Why on ps4 when you do June mission from map device you have only one encounter per map to do, while on PC you have 3!! encounters? Is this a bug or devs do everything to make console players progress and exp slower? Every league like SSF. I'm tired from this. I can't buy anything coz players don't respond on offers. I'll be lucky if I finish my character at the end of each league. What the reason spend my time to play this game? On ps4 we have available about 2-4 number of each awakened gems support on trade market (with price 20 ex). 1 month after league staeted! Is this normal?
'Play on ps4 and get your amazing gameplay experience comparing to pc players!'
Last edited by AlexK_UA on Nov 1, 2020, 11:50:25 AM
Last bumped on Nov 6, 2020, 8:22:41 AM
I'm pretty sure you know this is isn't a bug, so this really belongs in "Gameplay Discussion" or the other console forum.

We only get 1 Jun mission at a time because of the way Betrayal works. On PC, what you do in one encounter can affect how the other encounters play out, so it has to load *literally every* Betrayal asset every time you do a map with Jun on it.

This apparently caused serious performance issues on PS4 (I heard that it has do with the RAM somehow). So, they limit us to 1 encounter. However, it's my understanding that we get boosted rewards from that one encounter (e.g. our veiled mods take fewer unveils to accomplish). I don't know if this applies to XP or not.

Note that this doesn't impact the fun of the game at all.

If you weren't aware of the 3-encounter version on the PC, you wouldn't be here saying "why don't we get more than 1 Jun encounter per map?" You'd just think it was normal. And it's fun. Betrayal is one of the best League Mechanics in the game.

Honestly, given how much they've fixed on PS4 in the last few patches, it feels really disingenuous to be complaining about this.
Hi.
I've posted detailed description of betrayal rewards on Consoles here.

"
Alexander_GGG wrote:
Hi all.
Just wanted to clarify how betrayal works on console.
In maps
- You get 1 encounter per map with Jun
- When making a decision to betray/execute/interrogate/etc you get x3 amount of XP
- Betrayal targets drop 3 times the amount of veiled items.
- You get the same amount of intelligence towards the safehouse as you do on PC

In a safehouse
- Safehouse leader gives x3 amount of intelligence towards mastermind
- Safehouse rooms contain x3 amount of rewards (this means that the safehouse leader can have up to 6 chests in their room on console)

Mastermind rewards are identical to PC.

So in theory it should take you the same amount of maps to get to the mastermind on PC and on Console. And along the way you should get the same amount of rewards.
The board manipulation and strategy will be different but depending on your choices it can be even better than on PC.
I'm really didn't know about this, so thanks for explanation. But mostly I'm sad of low active players and prices on ps4 (I suppose it's because of low player base). I'm sad of low fps during mapping (5-10 fps with minion build causes to hard lags and lost exp after death). Yes, I'm surprised after last patch that devs fixed all crushes and this is very good for exp gaining. But... Slow progression everywhere. Maybe that's why I thought it was a bug with number of betrayal encounters (and exp gained from them; btw sometime I can get only 1 veiled item. If "Betrayal targets drop 3 times the amount of veiled items" isn't that mean I should get 3 same items instead of one?).

Anyway all I want to say - ps4 (and xbox maybe too) version of game needs more players to get gameplay more satisfied according to time spent for grinding any loot. Simple example: most viable looting for me is farm alteration orbs. I'm like a trash looter. Because without them I can't craft anything. While pc players concentrate on endgame farming and then can just buy alt orbs as many as they want I have to play 2-3 maps per hour, collect all rare drops and sell them for alt shards to vendor. Because of slow progression. Because I cant sell any rare item (bad filter options on trade market causes players can't find what they want quickly). And lot more "Because" there, believe me.

Hope with new generation of consoles and theirs fast SSD we can fix problems with fps. But with players base devs have to do something by themselves. Make new advertising or what. Tnx (Btw - more satisfied player - more donation he can do, don't you think?)
Are you aware that there are plenty of people who play SSF and thoroughly enjoy the game?

You keep looking longingly over at the PC version, lamenting that you don't have what they have.

I'd like to suggest that you will find you are happier with the game if you stop doing that.

If the PS4 version of the game were the only version that existed, it would still be a fantastic game.

And, while I do think our trade market has some issues, and would benefit from a larger economy, I also think that the PC trade market currently has more severe issues.

The size and speed of the PC economy pushes items to the extremes in value. The vast majority of items (even good items!) have essentially zero value on PC market. The rarest, most sought after items, on the other hand, have *insanely high* values. Because the PC economy is large enough to support those prices. There are people on PC with literally thousands of exalts, while the richest console players have hundreds (yes, hundreds) of exalts.

As a result of this disparity, PC players who are not in the top 0.5% spend the vast majority of their play time finding *nothing of any value*, except the occasional raw currency drop. For most of this league on PC, even Exalted Orbs were very low value (30-35c at one point).

You could run a dozen maps without finding any single piece of equipment that was actually worth picking up.

Me, personally, I'd rather that it's worth picking up *some* of the non-currency loot that drops.

Do you really want the items you can currently sell for 10 or 20c to be worth only 1 alchemy?

Do you want to have enough currency after getting to maps to buy a literal full set of cheap end-game gear?

It completely short-cuts your character progression.

All that's left after that is the serious end-game grinds. If that's your love, let me recommend D3. Because that's just Paragon grinding all over again.
If you want spend all your free time for levelling your character - it's your choice and life. I want finish my build, kill some endgame bosses and switch to other games till new league will start. I don't want see same slow gameplay 3 months in a row. It's better to 'finish' the league content and wait for new one with understanding that I'll finish it as well as previous then stop playing in the middle of progression coz of 'some' lack of active players and problems with trade market/economy. I'm old (for game industry) man who can't spend a lot of time for slow games coz I'm getting boring. When you will be 40+ years old you will understand. The conversation is over.
"
AlexK_UA wrote:
I'm getting boring. When you will be 40+ years old you will understand. The conversation is over.

Wow, really mature for someone of your age.

Also, for the record, I'm already over 40.

The average PoE player is in their 30s, IIRC.

If you want a game you can "finish" in a week, I seriously recommend different games.

Just because PoE isn't the game you want it to be doesn't mean it's broken.
One of you takes everything for granted and another wants change/qol improvements. It's not maturity and chidlishness, it's different look of life/game.

Ggg has it's own vision though.

Edit: it's very important to voice your opinions/wishes.
"Fix it soon becaise beong locked out of my wealth and my character puts a hold on me trading and bartering to increase my wealth" - Nameless Forum Poster.
Last edited by oldwolfsoul on Nov 6, 2020, 8:27:31 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info