balista totems limits

Hello, here are couple of think i have discovered in regards of totems recently (not ingame definition of recently KEKW)

This may not be problem when you are using only ONE totem skill but once you start to combine skills it gets all weird and messy in a way that i believe it shouldnt

Also thinks like those should be clearly defined and resolved before PoE2(4.0) where people like me will most likely start to use more skills and combinations ... which is exactly why i even tried this in the first place :)

1) wording
Spoiler

Artillery Ballista - +2 to maximum number of Summoned Ballista Totems
Shrapnel Ballista - +2 to maximum number of Summoned Ballista Totems
Siege Ballista - +2 to maximum number of Summoned Totems (missing word "Ballista ")

here it implies, that Siege ballista (skill) rises global totem limit and not ballista totem limit, which is not true... if you have maximum ammount of "Summoned Ballista Totems" you cannot summon additional Siege ballista (skill) totems

so either the wording is bad or the functionality is bad

2) balista totem limits
Spoiler

im not sure if its just my bad understanding but,
when i use those balista skills, im expecting to be able to summon 2 of each of those totems because of this "+2 to maximum number of Summoned Ballista Totems" skill modifier thats on EACH of the balista skills....

im expecting to summon:
2x Artillery Ballista,
2x Shrapnel Ballista,
2x Siege Ballista
and still have one free slot for totems because all thoose skills should give +2 max ballista totems, but it dosnt work that way. You can only summon 3 totems at maximum (without +max totems investment)

problem is that those "+2 to maximum number of Summoned Ballista Totems" modifiers on each of thoose SEPARATE skills dont stack so instaed of having 2 totems each you are left only with 1 base + 2 balista no matter what combination of skill you choose

Thoose "+2 to maximum number of Summoned Ballista Totems" modifiers should apply localy only to the one skill (only to the supported skill in case of support gem OR to self only in case of skill gem)

3) Multiple Totems Support
Spoiler

acording to wiki:
Multiple Totems Support is a support gem that causes the supported totem skill to summon an additional totem on cast and increases the maximum amount of totems for that skill, but lessens the damage dealt with each totem.

aka each skill supported by this support should have +2 maximum totems

EACH SKILL

so if i have 3 SEPARATE skills, each in diferent item all supported by SEPARATE "Multiple Totems Support" im expecting according to the description AND wiki that EACH of them will have +2 max totems summoned

so if we take the example from above where im only able to summon 1 ballista totem each (Artilery Shrapnel Siege), then now when EACH of those skills is supported by "Multiple Totems Support" im expecting to now be able to summon 3 of each ballista totems (so 3 + 3*2 = 9 totems in total)

but there is the same problem that the "Supported Skills have +2 to maximum number of Summoned Totems" modifier from "Multiple Totems Support" applies semi-GLOBALY instaed to each skill separately AS IS STATED on the modifier

so instaed of having 9 totems at maximum as expected, i can only have 5 (3 from before +2 from support that dosnt apply to all supported skills ??? )

Last bumped on Nov 3, 2020, 1:28:42 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
wording is clear and appropriate, supports and skills are a per skill increase, not global(which is what you are assuming).

there is a base limit of 1 totem, the ballista skills apply +2 to their skill, not a global +2 bringing the limit to 3 if you are using it, multiple totems is the same, +2 limit when linked to the skill(locally) bringing it to base of 1+4 more for that skill.

Siege ballista wording is different due to it being a skill before the classification of ballista totems(3.9, where as siege ballista is from 2.1)
"
dorkdude2 wrote:
wording is clear and appropriate, supports and skills are a per skill increase, not global(which is what you are assuming).

there is a base limit of 1 totem, the ballista skills apply +2 to their skill, not a global +2 bringing the limit to 3 if you are using it, multiple totems is the same, +2 limit when linked to the skill(locally) bringing it to base of 1+4 more for that skill.

Siege ballista wording is different due to it being a skill before the classification of ballista totems(3.9, where as siege ballista is from 2.1)

so why it dosnt work with multiple diferent balista skills ??

like 1 + 4 +4 if i have 2 balista skills ??? thats the problem im talking about

if i have 1 + shrapnel + siege + balista all supported with multiple totems support then it should be:
= 1 + (+2 +2) + (+2 +2) + (+2 +2)
= 1 + 4 + 4 + 4 !
aka each of the balista skills should have local limit of 4 totems

but the way it works now is that you get 1 + 2 + 2 maximum totems no matter the combinations aka i can have 5 siege totems but i cannot have any balista or shrapnel totems so thats why im asuming the +2 limits on those skills (and support) are not LOCAL per skill but somethink else (but also not GLOBAL) like shared with every balista skill (so semi-global)
Last edited by karving47 on Nov 3, 2020, 1:38:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info