Lab Desync

The Uber lab and its new variants are especially desync causing. Just lost 4 of 6 of my special tokens. It takes me 10 minutes to run lab, that is an insane crash rate. PLEASE add lab to the known issues and figure out what is occurring.
Last bumped on Oct 14, 2020, 7:27:04 PM
A bit late with this update. But before Harvest did end I ran another 5 labs of the special tokens.

Of those 5, 2 of them crashed.

So in total of the special Harvest Token Uber Uber lab, I had 6/11 work and 5/11 crash.

That's slightly over 50% rate with a relatively decent sample size. GGG please add this to known issues as I feel that there is something within lab that is increasing the likelihood of crashes.

It's not like I waste my time in lab either, one of those 6 successful runs got me awarded for the fastest run of the day. And I commonly get them each time I run any lab. No brag just as context that these crashes are within tops 10 minute long sprints to the end.

I'm not the only one to post this issue either, I see it all the time by other players. Cammo isn't slow either, I know he's beaten me for a few of the gems too.

"
cammoflauge5 wrote:
so ive been trying to farm a boot enchant from uber lab for a few days.
i am crashing at least half the time if not more like 2/3 of the time. this game is basically unplayable. crashes a minimum of once an hour no matter what im doing, if not way more often. all but one fight with sirus i have crashed at least once. i crash in around half of the heists as well, so i have been hoarding them waiting for you guys to fix the crashes, can you please fix the stability. i dont care if you have to lower the graphics or remove somethign that uses too many calculations. but ive been playing since it came out on ps4, and it is incredibly hard to keep motivated with the state of the game at this point.

"
garthginger wrote:
I can't complete my second lab it just crashes eventually. It will crash after the first fight, or the second fight. Never been to the 3rd.

Why does this game still crash after being out for 1.5 years on PS4?

It's fucking infuriating.

"
xHARKYNx wrote:
This is becoming somewhat of a joke, I have now lost 4 offering to the goddess today in the space of 90 mins because of crashes. No other part of this game is so unstable and unfortunately you don't even get a portal to continue your progress when you get booted, will this ever be fixed?

"
Chozzu78 wrote:
So I've been trying to get through the über lab , but it crashes and gives a bluescreen every single time in the final third fight against Izaro. This happened three times in the time from 18.30 - 20.30 GMT +2 (EU Frankfurt Server, HC SSF).

When will these problems with servers finally get fixed? Would be happy to support the game further, but not in this state. Just not worth it.

That's just a few. Please add to list of known issues so we can all stop reporting this same repetitive issue.
Can confirm, Lab is about 10x more likely to crash than a random map.

This is obviously a big problem for Uber Lab, because it takes the longest to run, and has an entrance fee, which is lost if it crashes.

It still affects other labs, but at least you can just run those over and over until it works, as long as you're not playing HC.
"
draco_86 wrote:
My buddy and I ran the second Labyrinth last night. It took us 4 attempts due to crashes between them and I.

Audio Bugs:

Right before the boss fights where the monologuing takes place as an Audio bug. It didnt happen our first attempt but by our 4th there were echoes of the script being replied at the same time seconds apart.

Altar of Ascendancy:

(Visual) When you activate the wall to access the new skill point the text at the top where mine would say trickster is nothing but jumbled words.

(Assigning) When you go to assign a new skill point it will NOT work. It acts as if you do not have any skill points to add, despite just getting there for the first time. A viewer of my stream said that the skill point can be assigned through the passive tree, which worked. The intended method does not work.

These were problems we BOTH had at the same time. Other issues were abilities not casting despite having mana and not being on cool down, Items not being able to be picked up etc. Oh and again BLUE SCREENS everywhere

Any ETA on the crash issue? It adds a nice "DOOM" factor to a run knowing you'd lose everything but also not fun to me or my viewers.

Going to keep adding quotes from other users until this issue is acknowledged.
The reason lab crashes so much is unfortunately due to the resource leak(memory leak). You can sit at the ascendancy spot for hours(if it didnt crash that is) and still be able to run allll the way back to the very beginning door you started that lab from. That means it's constantly keeping anywhere from 6 to whatever the max maps and halls are open at all times, leaking those memory resources for the full time you are in lab. If you have a bunch of those small leaks add up, eventually ps4 will crash the game since its local cache memory is full and cannot allocate anymore resources from poe. Honestly if they figured out a way to refresh cache starting with oldest allocated memory first(so you dont lose current map data), the fix would come pretty quick. Unfortunate for us ps4 players.

Sorry for the wall of text.
"
TlrbmGame wrote:
The reason lab crashes so much is unfortunately due to the resource leak(memory leak). You can sit at the ascendancy spot for hours(if it didnt crash that is) and still be able to run allll the way back to the very beginning door you started that lab from. That means it's constantly keeping anywhere from 6 to whatever the max maps and halls are open at all times, leaking those memory resources for the full time you are in lab. If you have a bunch of those small leaks add up, eventually ps4 will crash the game since its local cache memory is full and cannot allocate anymore resources from poe. Honestly if they figured out a way to refresh cache starting with oldest allocated memory first(so you dont lose current map data), the fix would come pretty quick. Unfortunate for us ps4 players.

Sorry for the wall of text.

Unless they changed this, this isn't actually true. Not quite as described anyway.

Zones in the lab can still instance timeout.

What happens when that happens is that you get a new instance of the zone. However, they did change it last league so that you don't get loot or XP from new instances of the zone (because were just farming zones in the special Uber Uber lab that had extra loot).

Now, it's possible that the PS4 is not releasing memory used for mapping zones when those zones timeout, or something like that. In which case the issue is still exactly what you describe.

I just wanted to clarify that you can't stand there for hours and then run back through the same already completed zones.
"
I don't know what to do anymore. I have a ps4 account and I can't even finish my last labyrinth because I crash every time I try. And once I run out of currency to get in to the last one I'm screwed. I've reached a brick wall with this game, and about to give up on it. And since I can't switch to a different platform I kind of want a refund on the supporter packs I just bought. Is this an option?

Known issue, add to the list please.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info