The D3D has a non-zero reference count

meaning some objects were not released
Failed resetting Direct3D device objects
DXUTCreatDevice failed

then client stops working.

what do i do to fix this?
You might be missing DirectX 9, you can find the installer in the redist folder of where you installed PoE.

If that doesn't fix this, try moving the My Documents\My Games\Path of Exile\production_Config.ini to the trash or somewhere else, then starting the client. If that doesn't fix it, you can move the ini file back.

If you are using a laptop with two video cards, it's possible your good 3D accelerator isn't being detected. Follow the instructions here: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/105676

Edit:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/283592 just got this temporarily. What are your system specs? Use this if you don't know: http://www.piriform.com/speccy
Last edited by ionface on Mar 23, 2013, 5:35:41 AM
i am having the exact same issue. i am running this on Kubuntu 12.04 64bit.

i've done a little bit of searching, but haven't found a solid fix yet. i will search more and report back if i do find anything.
"
not12listen wrote:

i've done a little bit of searching, but haven't found a solid fix yet. i will search more and report back if i do find anything.

For the person running Kubuntu, have you attempted this guide yet which gets PoE working properly (mostly) under wine?

It could also be that you don't have the proper video drivers installed for your card, or your card does not properly support Pixel Shader Model 3.0.

More specifics on your system hardware would help in troubleshooting the issue (in both cases).

This a lot of times happens when PoE attempts to use the integrated video card rather than the dedicated video card. If your PC only has 1 video card, then it is most likely either the card is not supported, or you do not have the proper drivers installed.
"
Drakier wrote:
"
not12listen wrote:

For the person running Kubuntu, have you attempted this guide yet which gets PoE working properly (mostly) under wine?

It could also be that you don't have the proper video drivers installed for your card, or your card does not properly support Pixel Shader Model 3.0.

More specifics on your system hardware would help in troubleshooting the issue (in both cases).

This a lot of times happens when PoE attempts to use the integrated video card rather than the dedicated video card. If your PC only has 1 video card, then it is most likely either the card is not supported, or you do not have the proper drivers installed.

As of yet, I have not gone through that list of steps - I will today.

My video card should more than handle this... ATI/AMD Radeon HD 7770.

The above issue was attempted on my laptop.

Thanks for the assistance! :) Greatly appreciated!
If you have Mumble installed. Don't launch POE when its runing.
Sorry for my English, it's not my native language.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info