Where is Charan?

I'm back and looking around the forums but don't see him. Where is Charan?

(That island is Wraeclaest, P.S.)
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
<739610877-3104-376.101077-1106.75103739110792103.108-5'92.9410776.>
- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0 -- 0 * - < _ > - * 0- 0 * - <
Last bumped on Mar 13, 2020, 10:12:28 AM
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:

I forgot! Fah.

Thanks.
Here is here with us.

Forever and for always
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
"
bwam wrote:
I'm back and looking around the forums but don't see him. Where is Charan?

(That island is Wraeclaest, P.S.)

Hi Charan, nice try. Get lost.
"I've played a lot of videogames. It's my primary recreational activity. Best games ever: Elden Ring and Diablo 4."
~Elon Musk, 2023
Charan is no more.

I asked Chris to kill him. He did so, very thoroughly. I am not banned. I am not even probated (for once). I'm also not Charan.

I'm the person who made Charan. I'm currently on self-quarantine here in Sydney due to being immuno-suppressed and not an idiot. My US wedding just got postponed for a year. And I'm surrounded by complacent healthy fucks who may have no idea what they're carrying, and may never know thanks to them being complacent healthy fucks.

I have much bigger concerns than anything PoE-related right now, but I am a presence in a few OT threads.

https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
"
I'm the person who made Charan.

Ahh! I forgot that you had this account, too.

*Delighted.* All is well with PoE forums.

"
I'm currently on self-quarantine here in Sydney due to being immuno-suppressed and not an idiot. My US wedding just got postponed for a year. And I'm surrounded by complacent healthy fucks who may have no idea what they're carrying, and may never know thanks to them being complacent healthy fucks.

About the wedding: Sucks, but maybe there are pros somewhere hidden in it being postponed. Who knows?

About being immuno-suppressed: This is the 21st century! It is a HUMAN RIGHT to be free from suppression vis-a-vis your immune system. They suppressed the Africans with slavery, then with indentured servitude, then with Jim Crow! And...

... Oh, immuno-suppression is a condition caused by medical realities rather than suppression by a tyrannical government or system?

Nevermind then. :D

About being "the person who made Charan": Whassyo True Handle, yo? Because any handle with "The" in it makes a direct address sort of awkward or clumsy. "Scourge"?

How should I summon you? (I assume it's still true that speak your Forum name, and you shall appear to post.)
Last edited by bwam on Mar 12, 2020, 9:44:16 PM
Yeah, I've been pondering the inappropriate nature of this screen-name for a while. My other main name, Littleknife, is taken though. I dunno, I'll think about it. I have never been THAT easy to summon -- I've stumbled onto threads about me or using me as an example months after their use-by date. Often on reddit, but sometimes here. I try not to post outside of off topic though, because this has nothing to do with PoE. Still, threads directly invoking me seem to stay in GD...Weird. I wonder if the mods are getting slack because they've bigger concerns as well.

pros to postponing wedding: longer to nail down a good 'first dance'. That's about it. We had everything else locked in nicely. This is assuming shit is okay in a year. If not, we either postpone again or just cancel it. I already live with her. We're already legally partners. This was mostly my idea so her US-based dad could walk his daughter down the aisle. I'm a sentimental fuck at heart.

Immuno deets: I have pretty nasty crohn's that has put me into hospital over 30 times since 2013, and it's finally held in check by a biologic I inject fortnightly that tells my immune system to calm the fuck down. Coincidentally, it's the world's most profitable drug because its per unit price is insanely high in the US. Thankfully most other countries subsidise it if you really need it, which I do.
https://linktr.ee/wjameschan -- everything I've ever done worth talking about, and even that is debatable.
He quit PoE for good just before ExileCon. He saw what GGG had planned for PoE 2 (aka patch 3.4.0), with the switch from links on gear to links on skills which destroys all 6 link gear chase items, thus wrecking the TSB grind for an Oni-Goroshi, and had a "no mas" revelation about staying with PoE.

He was last seen over on the Wolcen forums under the name "LittleKnife". I put up a post last month about a post about trading over on the Wolcen forum (which he didn't care for all that much) and he chimed in validating my thinking LittleKnife (Wolcen) = Charan aka "The Scourge" (PoE), although it wasn't hard as there aren't very many former PoE players with a "Ruler of Wraeclast" tag.

Does always on-line and trade-centric make PoE better or worse?
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Mar 12, 2020, 10:16:34 PM
"
Charan is no more.

I asked Chris to kill him. He did so, very thoroughly. I am not banned. I am not even probated (for once). I'm also not Charan.

I'm the person who made Charan. I'm currently on self-quarantine here in Sydney due to being immuno-suppressed and not an idiot. My US wedding just got postponed for a year. And I'm surrounded by complacent healthy fucks who may have no idea what they're carrying, and may never know thanks to them being complacent healthy fucks.

I have much bigger concerns than anything PoE-related right now, but I am a presence in a few OT threads.

Sorry to hear about the canceled big plans!!!!!!

Thank you very much though for posting the post that made me laugh harder than any other post that I've read in at least a month or two.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info