Plague Bearer

Post your feedback for this skill here!

Make sure you concisely state your character build, level, and other complimenting abilities you have when you talk about a skill - The more we know about your character, the better we can understand your feedback.
Please email support@grindinggear.com if you need any assistance!

Last bumped on Aug 28, 2022, 5:06:25 PM
Pestilent/Viper strike - Level 94 - Assassin

I wonder why this has a very very diminishing value from level 21 and above?

Lvl 19 -> 20: + 200k
Lvl 20 -> 21: + 100K
Lvl 21 -> 22: + 80k
Etc eventually gaining 50k a level.

This feels like there is not a single reason to get it higher as 20?

I run it 21, but that 100k extra makes no difference imho.

Is there a specific reason for it?
Last edited by Wieze on Oct 2, 2019, 5:54:43 AM
This skill feels very underwhelming if you can reach the max charge nearly instantly. It makes the 150k DoT DPS not matter at all. There should be some kind of scaling beyond that for high-end builds.
studying for GGG's C++ technical exam...
I'v just noticed that skill hardly can be supported by anything.
I know skill very powerful as it is. Still... is it intended or is it because skill still very new?
In any case, can't be supported neither by Void Manipulation nor by Controlled Destruction. Those two i would like to have effect on PB. 'Funny' as it is, Concentrated Effect Support reduces area of effect, but does not increases damage.
The only two semi-helpful supports for PB i could find is Empower and Increase Area of Effect.
Hi,

I'm playing an obliteration chain reaction occultist this league.

I would consider using Plague bearer if it did two things:

It granted some global chance to poison (e.g. 20%+10% from quality). Wouldn't mind a 10% mana reservation for this (The skill already looks too much like a banner anyway)

And you could increase the duration (so, 12% of the plague value, for longer than it's base 8.3 seconds) OR

You could concentrate the damage in one short burst for dealing with bosses, making it lose all the plague value in the duration the skill lasts, instead of the 12% rate. Less duration and swift affliction being the obvious support gems for it (and 2x timetwist and warped timepiece for a 55,8% of the plague value DPS for 1,78 seconds).

hi, I'm using an icicle mine build but my plague bearer does nothing im a new player does it not work for mines?
Lv90 Assassin 6L Viper Strike 4L Pestilent Strike 4L Plague Bearer

Current Plague Bearer gem level: 26
Lv21 Gem | +2 to socketed chaos gems boots | +1 to all chaos skill gems Amulet | +2 from Empower Lv3
Helmet enchant: "Plague Bearer deals Damage based on an additional 5% of Plague Value"
Links: Plague Bearer 21/20, Empower 3, Enchance 4, Increased AoE 20

I really like the current state of Plague Bearer skill. On a map with Monsters Have 61% more Life and Monsters Have 31% increased chaos resistance (Awakening 8), a Lv26 Plague Bearer (Witchfire Brew - Despair Aura) can clear a normal pack of monsters, and nearly a magic pack of monsters, just by running through them. That's a really nice stuff for a build that has to Stop -> Attack -> Stop -> Attack. Rare packs and Boss DPS isn't that good sadly, boss lost like 10% of life by fully charged PB.

Helmet Enchant makes the PB big, yet it's not worth to pick it up, because enchants for other skill gems are better.

I would suggest:

1) Increase the plague value gained from gem levels. 50.000 is underwhelming, and not worth to scale the skill gem at higher levels.
2) A small tree on a skill tree on the right side. 3-6 nodes with 1-2 notables especially for Plague Bearer and poison builds.
Notable should be worth picking, yet ofc not to OP. Nodes should have a basic "Plague Bearer deals Damage based on an additional 1% of Plague Value", or Plague Bearer has % increased AoE. Some %poison damage, %poison duration, %poison DoT multiplier, something worth picking. Notables, from a very common %reduced damage taken during Plague Bearer, to a bigger "Plague Bearer [...] 3% of Plague Value" or extra plague value. Nearby Enemies are Blinded would be really good, but sadly to OP.
Does delirium essence on gloves (Socketed Gems deal 30% more Damage over Time) work for the plague bearer skill? I'm doing some testing, at this moment I just can't tell if it does or not. Would appreciate some information on this.

EDIT: I did some some further testing and now I'm pretty sure it doesn't work.
Last edited by IUP on Sep 25, 2020, 4:43:52 PM
hi
im playing poison this league. its first time im using plague. it would be great if it had better audio visual feedback for its every state. when its charging, when its fully charged, when its spreading and when its done spreading. current audio and visuals are hard to distinguish. also when its spreading you could make it spin so its not so boring static effect, can u implement this before i hit lvl90 im 85 now. thanks.
I'm supporting Plague Bearer with Lifetap but it's still costing mana to cast. Intended?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info