Edit: Due to intensely negative community reaction, this box has been removed from sale.

With every league release, we traditionally introduce a new Mystery Box. These offer a range of new microtransactions designed around a specific theme. For example, the Carnival Mystery Box was released alongside Blight. Today we're introducing an entirely new type of box - the Salvage Box.

Unlike a themed Mystery Box, the Salvage Box contains microtransactions from all past boxes. It can yield most microtransactions introduced with a themed Mystery Box that weren't specifically marked as exclusive to that box. The microtransactions from each new box will be added to the Salvage Box's reward pool at the point that those microtransactions are added to the store (one month after their box goes off sale). For example, the Frontier microtransactions will become available one month from now, and the Carnival microtransactions in four.

A Salvage Box costs 30 points and by default, contains any Common (non-exclusive) microtransaction introduced in a past box.

The Salvage Box also lets you destroy your duplicate microtransactions to increase the chances of getting better results. Only microtransactions you have more than one of can be Salvaged. The more valuable the microtransaction, the more of an increase to the reward chances it grants.

The four tiers of microtransaction that an upgraded Salvage Box can generate are Common, Uncommon, Rare and "Combined". The Combined ones are the special ones that came from blending two separate microtransactions together.

There's a limit to how much you can Salvage with a single box, capping out at a guaranteed rare or combined microtransaction as the result.

For reference, all microtransactions in each rarity bracket are listed below.

Common
Uncommon
Rare
Posted by 
on
Grinding Gear Games
dank
dank
Nice!
The LORD will march forth like a mighty Warrior, He will come out like a warrior, full of fury. He will shout his battle cry and crush all his enemies.
wtf rare stuff pog
Looks like even a worse deal than regular boxes to me... but to each their own. ;)
The Bother progress: 11%

You don't even imagine how much harm you've caused. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish "The Bother". You're one of my murderers. You will never get my forgiveness unless you make up for what you've done.
oh great, they finally add a way to deal with duplicates, but make is a mystery box. Can not wait for these random loot boxes to be classified as gambling.
IGN: Noshei or Silvannn
finally we can do something with dupicate but that box should be no limited in use.
Last edited by negnal on Sep 10, 2019, 9:01:39 PM
I'd be interested, but at the same time I already know I'm just gonna end up with even more Dupes from this.
Designing Cospri's Will: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1665314
Designing Cospri's Malice: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1717008
Iron Heart/Iron Fortress too!
ITS REWIND TIME
█▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀ ░ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █░░█ █▀▀
█▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀ ░ █▄▄▀ █▄▄█ █░░█ █▀▀█ █▀▀
▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀ ░ ▀░▀▀ ▄▄▄█ █▀▀▀ ▀░░▀ ▀▀▀
"
LostArtz wrote:
I'd be interested, but at the same time I already know I'm just gonna end up with even more Dupes from this.

the house always wins.

remember that.
"Parade your victories, hide your defeats. Mortals are so insecure."

Once you break the cycle of fear no angels or demons can whisper you their sweet nothing words.

Retired since crucible.(Not a free tester anymore for a multi billion dollar company).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info