Failed to init FMOD system error code 51 (fixed it, audio config files was the issue)

No idea what this is, ran an update this morning and I am getting this error. Ran a packcheck and says all files are in sync. Using standalone client.

I also tried deleting content pack and redownlaod entire game, still not working, getting same error.
Last edited by PachiZ on Jun 9, 2019, 7:03:52 AM
Last bumped on Aug 15, 2024, 8:46:27 PM
got the same "Failed to init FMOD system. Error code 51"
How did you fix the audio config files? Folder Path? Delete them?
Just received this error. What was done to fix the audio config file???
Just received this error before pach. Where is the solution?
Sorry guys, didn't realize this thread had more posters. I fixed the error by simply turning my audio receiver on. It seems that somehow before the patch, if you somehow start your game in any different way, you would get this error. I believe the FMOD error has something to do with audio (as my google search indicated). By turning on my audio receiver and enabling the audio that linked to my configuration files, it worked. The game will still not launch if I try to play without my audio receiver turned on. It is weird I know.

I believe a possible fix may be to erase the production_config file that stores all of your saved settings in the UI panel in game. You will then have to redo all your settings. I had to do this before when the game kept starting in windowed mode instead of full screen. I am using the standalone client as well.

Hope this helps, and sorry I didn't post earlier.
Nik
it just happening to me now.
done all the stuff but still cant launch this stupid game.
fucking hell.
IGN=binjai
Fixing my sound fixed the code 51 error for me easily, thanks!
I previously installed a software capable of mixing inputs and whatnot, but it starts with windows. It messed up the sounds a bit, but after shutting it down the sound as well as the game worked.
I got the Same Error
What at least got it starting again was:

1.) Disable audio device in Windows
2.) Start Poe
3.) Enable Audio device in Windows again
4.) Go to Poe settings and under Audio select the corecct Audio device again
IGN: BurnyMcBurn
Bit late here for the discussion, but the same just happened to me now. And it was due to the latest Oculus driver update. I have to deactivate the 'Oculus Virtual Audio Device', otherwise PoE won't start.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info