My PS4 feedback so far (constructive / innovative)

Hi GGG,

first things first: I think PoE is merged pretty good! When I started playing PoE on the Playstation, I understood more and more, why you guys needed the extra time for the PS4 release. I'm sure, there went a lot of work into it. I really enjoy the game on the PS4 since release!

But nevertheless, its not perfect, so here is my list of things which came up to me:

1) trade system
it definitely needs improvements. I want to be able to sort also by rarity, specific uniques, sockets/links etc.
And why is there a restriction of 10 offers at a time? Please change this to at least 20.
Also, the trade function in town is somewhat "clunky". This needs to be improved aswell. At least make the message more visible, when someone wants to trade you.

2) skill allocation
We need a very clear helping tooltip on how to change the skills on the buttons in the very beginning of the game and one more time, as soon as we equip a second skill.

3) right joystick
Divination card tab and unique tab have a zoom function on the right joystick. Please change this, since the right stick is used for faster cursor movement 99.9% of the time. Everytime I am on one of these pages i get the zoom messed up because i use the joystick by mistake.
If you find a better solution also for the crafting bench and map device, that would be awesome aswell.

Oh and by the way: when you scroll down your stash tab by holding R2 and then come to the Unique Tab (last page in my stash) the cursor moves on the unique tab automatically. This is even more annoying since you cannot get it back real quick by using the right stick.

4) mine
You need to explain people more clearly how to use dynamite and torches in the mine. Also, we need some kind of extra buttons or allocations for them.
By the way: we need more buttons anyways. Maybe make the "L2" button as following:
Opt 1: hold to stand still and use skill without targeting, like it is now (default)
Opt2: hold to see 4 extra Skills, same function like "R2", so we can use dynamite and torch now

Or find a way to let the players cast their equipped auras/heralds without them being bound to the skills. For example: Implement a "cast all equipped auras" button.

5) notifications
when i activate a prophecy, please let the sound play while i am still in the prophecy tab. Also show the prophecy symbol in the background. This delay is really annoying.
Same with the trade offers you recieved / accepted trades / denied trades.

6) Shaper
another thing regarding Delayed sound: when i encounter the shaper/elder in a map at the boss, i get the sequence without sound, then i get the sound when the fight goes on.

7) lag
I get lags in the hideout when i go to my stash and particles are nearby. (Zana standing beside, strong particle decorations etc) this makes browsing the stash hard or even impossible. Also i get performance issues in maps from time to time aswell, and I am using a PS4 Pro with SSD, so there cant be a stronger setup on the client side.

8) crashes
random crashes in town or in maps. I reported most of my crashes and added a video of the last few seconds before the crash.

9) NPC zoom
please add a zoom to each NPC when you talk to them. we don have a zoom possibility beside the inventory button on the PS4. If the game would zoom in automatically when you talk to a NPC, this would grant them more character because we actually see how they look like and people would tend to listen more to what they tell us. At least i would.

10) Lockstep
Please implement it. I think it's obvious.

so far... if I have more, i will reply to this thread.

Cheers!

Edit May 4th
some points I wanted to add..

11) tradefunction in the mine
we need it, please.

12) guild stash tab
we need it, please.

13) "identify all" function
would be cool for the console

14) more buttons
one thing i remembered other games do: differentiate between left and right side of the touchpad, so you have 1 more button.

Edit June 30th
another thing which came to my mind:

change language
on the PS4, the language is always the same as the system language of the PS4.
Please add an option in the menu to be able to change the language other than changing the system language of the PS4.

Edit Nov 23rd

partyplay
we definetly need the party board in town and the possibility, to play together with random people.
I didnt notice that this was not added to the PS4 version of the game until now, because i always played with friends, but i consider myself not as the average guy, who plays this game. I already know many people from PoE. Many people may be completely new to this game on the PS4.
IGN: Grombakh
Last edited by Zerum on Nov 23, 2019, 1:15:49 PM
Last bumped on Nov 23, 2019, 1:21:11 PM
My Game has been crashing constantly on the PS4, this is the only game that crashes like this. It seems to crash more when I play necromancer as opposed to my ranger.

GGG please fix this crashing problem on the PS4 as I am really enjoying this game on that platform. Thank you.
Yes, I will add that this game is constantly crashing for me too....

OP, what is "lockstep"?
"
dpastern wrote:
Yes, I will add that this game is constantly crashing for me too....

OP, what is "lockstep"?

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Networking_mode

At the moment, on the PS4 it's predictive.
Last edited by Zerum on May 3, 2019, 3:12:29 PM
updated 1st post, added a few points.
added another thing which came to my mind
half a year later, another post in this thread. I added another important thing: partyplay.
Nevertheless, I have to say that the game plays MUCH better than in the beginning! We have more skills due to L2 now, no performance issues at the stash anymore, and i have less performance issues in general. Less lags, less crashes etc. Good work so far, GGG!
Also, I hope that expansions in the futures and also PoE 2 will be rleased simultaneously with PC and Xbox version in the future.
Last edited by Zerum on Nov 23, 2019, 1:34:33 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info