Betrayal Research encounter not spawning again... (third time)

https://imgur.com/a/Jcsb6Ka

Research not spawning again (no lab to enter even) after just completing the safehouse, seems to be related, last time i could reset the board doing mastermind which is not possible now:

Betrayal Daily on Racecourse only had Transportation and Intervention for which i havent done a safehouse yet since reset.
Last bumped on Apr 15, 2019, 4:46:39 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
Rhapthorne wrote:
https://imgur.com/a/Jcsb6Ka

Research not spawning again (no lab to enter even) after just completing the safehouse, seems to be related, last time i could reset the board doing mastermind which is not possible now:

Betrayal Daily on Racecourse only had Transportation and Intervention for which i havent done a safehouse yet since reset.

Thanks for your report, your Research has no valid Target to spawn (Jobless and Leaders don't count), we're looking into this.
I also have this issue: 3 maps now, twice no research basement spawned and the third time a basement spawned and no syndicate members were present inside
It's not just research either, I got a Fortification in a Sunken City just now where the turrets would fire on me, but the doors were untargetable and no syndicate members were inside.

Bug reference: 4,180,375,306
Have run a couple of maps t1-t3 tonight and haven't seen any Syndicate encounter at all after patch (Steam).

What is going on?

//RexyCat
"
RexyCat wrote:
Have run a couple of maps t1-t3 tonight and haven't seen any Syndicate encounter at all after patch (Steam).

What is going on?

//RexyCat

We are aware of this problem from before this patch (3.6.3c). Nothing in this patch should affect Betrayal.
Last edited by Jatin_GGG on Apr 10, 2019, 5:26:53 PM
Research did not spawn for me in a daily syndicate mission.
Bug # 3,871,776,012
I had 1 star Leo as leader of research and 1 star janus as a member.
Last edited by KegLitJoreb on Apr 10, 2019, 7:08:57 PM
FYI This issue spontaneously resolved itself following the patch for me. I had about 4-5 total syndicate maps run with either no research spawn or empty research facility before one randomly was occupied.
Issue is most likely related to the countless "only 2" encounters and such (had a few occurrences myself with fortification here https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2478415 )

After such a map, check your betrayal board when you go back to your hideout: it's likely that you imprisoned in a previous encounter the only non-leader of a branch that was planed to spawn, leading to:

- empty research lab
- empty fortification shooting at you
- no intervention leaving you with 2 encounters
- somewhere in the map an "exit" portal for transportation but no transportation encounter (less visible than research and fortification)

@GGG there should be a failsafe so that either then the leader spawns for those encounters (would be nice considering how rarely they spawn and considering we have much less encounters than during betrayal) or something preventing you from imprisoning the last non-leader of a branch supposed to spawn (most likely by ensuring at least one in the branch does not join other betrayal encounters in the map).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info