Charged Dash Randomly Stops Channeling

Platform and Model: Normal Xbox One
League: Synthesis Softcore
Realm: Washington DC
Issue: Charged Dash stops channeling at random times, typically when I get hit.
Gem links: Charged Dash - Infused Channeling Support
Additional Info: This has been going on for a few leagues, a few have posted on it in the bug reports, thought it was solved back when they fixed it from crashing mid lab but seems no. Doesn't seem to be MoM related as currently I don't have MoM so unsure what causes it.
Gamertag : Cressa Tal
Last edited by Cressa_Tal on Mar 14, 2019, 5:26:16 PM
Last bumped on Mar 15, 2019, 12:17:25 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
stun? or do you have stun immunity/avoidance?
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
As @ Ludvator mentioned, be aware of stunning hits that will break channelling skills.

To avoid this, take in the Witch tree the Stun Avoidance passives (the starting area, in one of the faster casting clusters towards the Shadow, and in one of the attack block shield clusters towards the Shadow top right-hand corner).

Also, be aware that channelling is stopped by even the slightest/shortest tap (a split second) with other skills.

It can be the case, that while holding the controller and using B for channelling, that you accidentally trigger other skills by nubbing other skill buttons as well, which will break channelling.

Please double check this case in your Hideout and report back with a 2nd demonstration video. And if this is the case (that Channeling breaks for no apparent reason in your Hideout and you made sure you did not press any other skill buttons), post it in the Xbox One Bug Forum: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/715
Last edited by RPGNoobANKA on Mar 14, 2019, 3:00:43 PM
"
RPGNoobANKA wrote:
As @ Ludvator mentioned, be aware of stunning hits that will break channelling skills.

To avoid this, take in the Witch tree the Stun Avoidance passives (the starting area, in one of the faster casting clusters towards the Shadow, and in one of the attack block shield clusters towards the Shadow top right-hand corner).

Also, be aware that channelling is stopped by even the slightest/shortest tap (a split second) with other skills.

It can be the case, that while holding the controller and using B for channelling, that you accidentally trigger other skills by nubbing other skill buttons as well, which will break channelling.

Please double check this case in your Hideout and report back with a 2nd demonstration video. And if this is the case (that Channeling breaks for no apparent reason in your Hideout and you made sure you did not press any other skill buttons), post it in the Xbox One Bug Forum: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/715

I have yet to test it but I'm 99% sure that is most definitely the problem. Honestly stuns are never a problem nor I never notice them so completely forgot they exist so that's my bad. Kinda feel like Charged Dash should get some chance to avoid stun in the skill itself because that can be a pretty big annoyance with only this skill since if you get stunned it sends you right into the enemy.

Disclaimer: I'm playing a Necromancer with it thus why getting stunned is such an issue with it.

Will fix up my tree so that stun won't be a problem though, thank you for the help.
Gamertag : Cressa Tal
"
Cressa_Tal wrote:

I have yet to test it but I'm 99% sure that is most definitely the problem. Honestly stuns are never a problem nor I never notice them so completely forgot they exist so that's my bad. Kinda feel like Charged Dash should get some chance to avoid stun in the skill itself because that can be a pretty big annoyance with only this skill since if you get stunned it sends you right into the enemy.

Disclaimer: I'm playing a Necromancer with it thus why getting stunned is such an issue with it.

Will fix up my tree so that stun won't be a problem though, thank you for the help.

FYI: POE Wiki on Stun mechanics and how it works ("stunning hits") https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Stun

The most important line here for you is "The chance to stun is based off the damage done in a single hit compared to the target's maximum life."

The more a single hit hits (after eg resistances, physical mitigation), the more likely it is that this hit will also stun you.

See the calculus: Incoming damage after mitigation divided by your max life x 200 = chance of stun

(500 damage divided by 1000 life pool) x 200 = 100% chance to stun.

"Dealing at least 50% of maximum life will always stun."

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info