0.10.2 Patch Notes

I really need to start playing PoE again. Haven't played since the past 4-5 updates went out, and the patches just keep looking better and better. I may have to up my support of the game, too - would hate to see PoE go away any time soon since it's so excellent.
"
25six wrote:
The Orb change is lame.

I play the game solo mostly and it is far more difficult solo than it is with a group. I don't know anyone that plays the game and public groups can be somewhat infuriating, hence why I play solo. I struggle as it is to get enough currency to upgrade my gear and the chaos orb recipe used to be a good one to allow me to try and roll better stats from " time to time " to offset the useless amount of rares that I have found in this game.

What was the reason for the change?

I have had several people now who used my merveil runs to supplement their income try to convince me to keep doing them- "You can still get tons of Alts!" Well I always left all the rares on the ground for the pubs who joined my runs so they could profit also. Now if I do them I do them solo because there is no incentive for me to spread the wealth around. Except now I will just be doing merciless runs instead of normal for more profit.

The only ones who lose out on the recipe changes are the new players.
IGN: Spectarz
Why remove the Regal recipe? WHY WHY WHY. It makes no sense to me! Terrible desing choice..i'd be really interested to hear the thought process behind that one.

The Chaos/Chance orb recipe change is good. But remove Regal...wtf!!!

Spoiler
IM MAD!
-HC player
Had a signature RiP list but it just to long now :)
Last edited by akete on Mar 9, 2013, 3:27:44 PM
"
Spectarz wrote:
"
25six wrote:
The Orb change is lame.

I play the game solo mostly and it is far more difficult solo than it is with a group. I don't know anyone that plays the game and public groups can be somewhat infuriating, hence why I play solo. I struggle as it is to get enough currency to upgrade my gear and the chaos orb recipe used to be a good one to allow me to try and roll better stats from " time to time " to offset the useless amount of rares that I have found in this game.

What was the reason for the change?

I have had several people now who used my merveil runs to supplement their income try to convince me to keep doing them- "You can still get tons of Alts!" Well I always left all the rares on the ground for the pubs who joined my runs so they could profit also. Now if I do them I do them solo because there is no incentive for me to spread the wealth around. Except now I will just be doing merciless runs instead of normal for more profit.

The only ones who lose out on the recipe changes are the new players.

Exactly! you must have "farm" hero 70+ who will be able to get you "money" for your unstandard skill build
At first I was excited to see the new patch, but the reality of the Chaos Recipe nerf combined with the passive skill tree reset has made me rethink about playing.

The Chaos recipe nerf was heavy handed. Taking a recipe that seemed to be the cornerstone of economy and offering an orb of chance in exchange goes too far and makes the recipe useless. This seems to be a knee jerk reaction to a minority of exploiters (pointing at you multibox players). I think reducing the reward to 1 chaos per unidentified set and 1 alchemy per identified set would have been a more balanced approach.

The passive skill tree reset pretty much boned my maurader lightning arrow build and since I cannot change the bandit quests associated with that character I cannot respect into a different build effectively.

So I've decided to take a step back, and give this game some more time to mature before I invest any more time in to it.
I counter your proposal with this: the super easy league where you push a single button and it tells you that you have won.
I think that rework done on duelist passives is great:) But transition to Maruded passives is kind of hard:
You either go stringht to the left and end up on resitances area and then skimming around to get life nodes and go further to templar; or go top, through huge amount of life nodes, but with very big loop. Compare this to Maruder <-> Templar transition, that takes only couple of skill points, and you already are in good place^^
Cobras get another ability? The horror!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pcv1EhH7Xh0
Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.
THIS IS SHIT! I USED ARMOR MASTER TO RUN AT 0% and now you take it off? to add it to LEATHER AND STEEL!?! DUELIST DON'T EVEN HAVE MOVEMENT SPEED ON THERE ARMOR!!!!!!!!!!! SO NOW MARAUDER AND TEMPLAR WHO WANT TO RUN AT 0% UNLESS THE LAME -10% CAN'T ANYMORE. WOW!!!! BRAVO!!! YOU BETTER PUT A LEATHER AND STEEL NEAR US THAT ONLY COST ONE POINTS TO REACH BY OUR TREE!!! CAUSE NOW I'M ALWAYS FAR BEHIND THE OTHERS WHEN I DO RUNS.... SO ALL MY ITEM MARKED BY MY NAME IS BEEN STOLEN SINCE I CAN'T RUN NORMALLY BECAUSE OF THE SKILL CHANGES. SO PEOPLE KICK ME FROM THERE PARTY BECAUSE I'M NOT ENOUGH FAST TO CATCH THEM. I KNOW I COULD GET SOME MOVEMENT SPEED FROM EQUIPMENT BUT IT WASN'T PLANNED SINCE I WAS TO NEGATE ALL THE NEGATIVE MOVEMENT SPEED FROM ARMOR. ANYWAYS PATH OF EXILE STAFF!!!! FIND A WAY TO CORRECT THAT!!! INSTEAD OF ADDING NEW SKINS FOR SPELLS IN MICRO-TRANSACTION................. AND FIND A WAY TO FIX THE RUBBER BANDING THAT WE SEES EVERYDAY IN THE GAME, THIS WILL BE MUCH APPRECIATED BY EVERY USERS.

I HOPE THIS WILL GET TO YOU.
I REALLY LIKE THIS GAME, THAT'S WHY I WRITE DOWN MY OPINION, SRY FOR BEING ROUGH A BIT.

A DISAPPOINTED USER FROM THE LAST PATCH.
FOR THE REST, KEEP UP THE GODD WORK!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info