Exception Art/Textures ext... D3D9 Errors Unable to play

This error seems to be tied to art/textures and the first part of the exception is never the same but the second part always leads to the same d3d9 file that doesnt seem to exist when i try to find it. Ill try and post screen shots.

https://imgur.com/a/JCivpuS

cant seem to link the url sorry.

GFX Gforce Gtx 460
AMD Phenom 2 x4 955 3200
Ram 4gig dual channel ddr3 1600 pc3-12800
Motherboard ASrock 870 Extreme3

I am running on Windows xp sp3 32bit and thought id give POE a shot since it says it still supports it. Ive tried numerous things to try and get the game to run but always crashes after images start to load and then all txt turns into a long black line and I get the art/texture exception right after. Sometimes items wont even load or takes ages to load. Ive ran the check several times with everything coming back in sync, Ive ran steam verify integrity with no issues. Re-downloaded the game on steam and even from this site with same issues.

Then proceeded to update drivers for video card, chipset and newest Direct x 9.0c, Ive tried several different video drivers with minimal change. Before the new league I was able to play somewhat as long as I strayed from town. Now the only time I can play is if im lucky to jump to a map before my images start to load for items and monsters giving them a black shadow look.
I have searched far and wide for a thread that was similar to my issue and havent came across one that has been fixed or even got an answer to.

Edit: Best results are running the non steam version of the game everything on low and 800x600 resolution. I added -gc2 just for insurance altho never had an error involving ram or out of memory issue. I am only getting one error after the txt in game goes blank. Unable to create rtt backing texture. Can I please get some ideas here Im at wits end.

Last edited by Zaromont on Jun 5, 2018, 6:32:31 PM
Last bumped on Jun 7, 2018, 9:16:28 AM
I think I'm having the same issue but with DX11... do the errors you're getting look like the ones in this post?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2154826

I haven't been able to get any help yet but I just started playing again today.
"
Varilas wrote:
I think I'm having the same issue but with DX11... do the errors you're getting look like the ones in this post?

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2154826

I haven't been able to get any help yet but I just started playing again today.

Similar, but a different error code and on a different line. Mine are all art/texture or art/particles.

I posted a Imgar link for my error. Ive maxed all my ingame gfx settings and changed to --nopreload and all my inv items load instantly but on high gfx settings i get a new error with beach before i even load in. I have no issues with sound but when i use a waypoint and load into a map my guy is just frozen in place then everything goes into 4x speed then I get an error. Seems the older the driver is for my video card the more errors there are when poe crashes. Most of the time i get 2 of the same exception.
yup
Last edited by Zaromont on Jun 5, 2018, 4:11:56 PM
I have found my solution, Thought I tried this once before but seems to be working knock on wood. For anyone having this same exact issue turn game setting to lowest 800-600 resolution and edit your production config file to texture_quality=2 (directx 9.0c does not allow you to do this in game). Altho I have never gotten a memory error I think my problem is not enough ram as im running windows xp 32 bit and can only utilize 4g of ram. 32 bit os can only support 4gig and I think this applies to windows 7 as well.

Edit: I also dropped steam version, uses up ram while playing and I no longer get the 3-4 disconnects before actually getting into the game.
Last edited by Zaromont on Jun 7, 2018, 9:22:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info