Magma Orb Deadeye - Cast Speed on its extreme

To start here are two YouTube videos of the build, with detailed explanations, game play.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vc5GNtJ1MxQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCZH4e11Big&t=1s

In this build I use:

These items are the required items for this build. Pledge of Hands gives level 30 Spell Echo which allows for 80% More Cast Speed (Highest cast speed modifier in the game) this paired w/ Tailwind allows for absurd amounts of casts per second.

In terms of + to chains I use the helmet enchant from Eternal Lab giving me +2, w/ Gloomfang for +1, Ricochet for +1, and a lvl 21 Magma Orb for +3 chain - This allows for Ricochet to give quite a bit of up front damage and Gloomfang to give back end damage scaling on guaranteed chains.

I use Cloak of Defiance because it offers solid Flat Mana to scale with pledge and amazing Mana regen per second to handle the HIGH self-cast mana consumption that we experience while playing this build.

In this build I utilize all sorts of increased cast speed and movement speed modifiers from gear, gems, and the skill tree. Tailwind does multiply the effectiveness of things tagged "speed" mostly. In this case I push cast speed, chains, and movement speed to our advantage.

The gems: Summon Lightning Golem, Haste, Arcane Surge, and various other "increased cast speed" modifiers in my main set up. Faster Casting, GMP (quality) etc.

For single target scenarios I use Slower Projectiles over that of Greater Multiple Projectiles, however, you can use the Beastiary White Socket Corruption once your staff is 6L to have whatever gem swap you want for single target. I would HIGHLY recommend slower projectiles for single target because it allows your Magma Orbs to overlap. Though the projectiles do not "Shotgun" when the skill chains it does effectively reset it's ability to hit the same target again, thus making Slower Projectile a mandatory for fast efficient boss killing.

The ring I am using counters the downside of Gloomfang and is HIGHLY recommended if not required. Because you will be kill things off screen at a really fast pace the changes of you killing yourself to Gloomfang will be high without this Shaper Ring modifier "Life Gained from each enemy hit by your spells" considering how Gloomfang "loses" life per each enemy hit there is no way to counter this OTHER than this modifier.

In terms of Ascendancy nodes, Deadeye, is forced to take Farshot in nearly any build. This is a spell so it cannot bleed, pierce isn't an option, therefore the two best options are Ricochet and Endless Munitions.

In terms of progression I picked up Tailwind -> Farshot -> Ricochet -> Endless Munitions.

Initially, I believed Endless Munitions would be better but Ricochet adds serious damage to front loaded spells/attacks that can chain so long as you have a lot of + Chain modifiers.

I plan to update this build guide as questions appear and can add anything that people may need to clarify. I hope the videos do this build justice. It's the most fun I've had playing PoE in a while. Cheers

The chatacer's name is "ActionsPerSecond" if you want to view my profile page.

Here is everything I used before dying on this build in Hardcore Bestiary:

Last edited by ZenocideGenius on Apr 28, 2018, 5:11:54 PM
Last bumped on Apr 30, 2018, 11:13:51 PM
stolen from RaizQT, wow
Nice fucking meme lol.
There is nothing but Pain and Illusions in this world Exile.
Did you see how recently zeno did it, compared to RaizQT doing it just today?
Last edited by thjokeR on Apr 28, 2018, 9:09:58 PM
"
Wenker wrote:
stolen from RaizQT, wow

I didn't know about this guy a few minutes back but already figured out that he's been playing this for at least 3 weeks, so what are you even bitching about?
Last edited by Psykrom on Apr 30, 2018, 11:14:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info