For the love of god, no more logging in in Oriath please.

I find it pretty absurd that you have chosen to auto-login players in towns, when you have the amount of server issues and disconnects that you've had since the release of 3.1
It honestly doesn't take a computer programmer to know that having everyone load into the same zones, where they can't turn off what they load and don't load, isn't exactly the smartest way to reduce server lag and stress.

How about you make a few small steps towards players not having a thousand "unexpected disconnect errors" when they log in, and let people log in to their hideouts so they don't have to log in and disconnect 10 times over and over to play the game?

When I log out in my personal hideout, where I am the only player and I can control how much shit I have to load to enter the zone, why on earth would you have me auto-login in Oriath, where there are a bazillion unnecessary things to load?

At the very least, let me turn off other players over-the-top, 100% unnecessary, crap cosmetics, PLEASE :)
Last bumped on Dec 15, 2017, 12:56:01 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Pro tip: you spawn in the last town you visited. Go to Act 8, then go to your HO. From now on, you'll spawn right on top of the waypoint in Act 8.
"
brosstan wrote:
I find it pretty absurd that you have chosen to auto-login players in towns, when you have the amount of server issues and disconnects that you've had since the release of 3.1
It honestly doesn't take a computer programmer to know that having everyone load into the same zones, where they can't turn off what they load and don't load, isn't exactly the smartest way to reduce server lag and stress.

It is helpful, though, to be a computer programmer before talking about what makes for "server lag and stress", and especially when you try to identify the cause of a problem.

To help you in future: there is approximately zero cost on the server to send a player character and their MTX, vs just sending their boring clothing. There can certainly be more client load drawing it, but ... at the network level, nothing, and at the server level, approximately nothing.

You can identify part of that, by the way, by visiting a town where you see much MTX, then unplugging your network cable. Watch the things that keep animating; those are all done client-side.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info