DirectX 11 Crashes on startup after windows creators update

The game won't start in DX11 mode after I installed the Windows 10 fall creators update. After rolling back the windows update, the game starts OK using DirectX 11. I'm not sure how to debug what's breaking after the update.
Last bumped on Dec 10, 2017, 1:30:30 AM
Bumped.

My game is also crashing my hole rig as of now. Only in PoE.
It's the Creators update. There have been numerous posts across multiple game and tech forums railing on the update. Best thing to do for now is to rollback the update.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
Last edited by Aragorn14 on Dec 9, 2017, 8:29:09 PM
"
Aragorn14 wrote:
It's the Creators update. There have been numerous posts across multiple game and tech forums railing on the update. Best thing to do for now is to rollback the update.

Thanks! This also solved the "Unable to create swap chain" problem I posted about in a separate thread.
Installed the Microsoft update last night, for those that don't want to rollback the update, open your task manager then hit end task for PoE and it will ask you if you want to run the game in Directx 9 version hit yes and the game will start. Also just checked the dxdiag on my computer and my version of Directx is 12 which is probably why the game wont start.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info