[3.0] The Chaos Lasher [whips the content with FlameSurge]

Hey guys,

this is my first post for this awesome community and i hope i can excite you!
At first please ignore my spelling - i am not a native speaker.

After investing hours in building up my DarkPact Berserker, clearing all the content (except uberAziri) i got very bored. I always wanted to make a non meta build which is capable and comparable to all these fine existing community builds.

After looking through the forums i found a very similar shadow build. Sarodh1 did an amazing job and explains the character mechanics much better than i will ever be able to. So he allowed me linking his post here:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1959677
There are also nice videos of him clearing the endgame stuff with his build.

After all, i followed a little different approach and used my already acquired gear to build my
- The Chaos Lasher -

Because of questions regarding endgame content: Depending on damage mods you can do all guardians deathless (chimera is a bit of a pain with the shrouds). Uberlab is also doable, but perhaps consider speccing out of vaalpact and use the flaskgain pantheon. Shaper is more a question of movement. As i often fail with movement its much harder for me. With proper skills you should have no problem at all.
Never tried UberAtziri - i failed painfully with my DP build and lack mortals now - dont know if i'll ever try it again.

MECHANICS
Spoiler

it's easy enough:

As Flame Surge does 50% more damage on burning enemies u need some interactions to get them burned.
You can either self cast a burning spell or use this little interaction of

There you put in some fine Cold spells like Vortex, glacial cascade etc. and use

for making them burn.

Because Kitava only has a 30% chance to cast a skill, the faster you cast the more often they get triggerd AND because u need at least 100 mana spent for triggering, these wands make a very fine use for it:

As they come with already amazing chaos damage, u want to increase it further, using

with added chaos and void manipulation.

Tadaa..! And if you need more cast speed (i know you want) u take

with

to self ignite you. This means more damage and more leech.

If your budget allows it u can wear a

(in my opinion the most overpowerd item for berserkers for now).

The rest of your items should cap resists and getting u more life.

MY GEAR
Spoiler

I can recommend these flasks:

PATH OF BUILDING LINK

Spoiler

https://pastebin.com/NipiNivf

i have to say i am not really used to it. At least i can say the damage calculation seems somehow wrong for me. With DarkPact it showed millions of damage. FlameSurge only comes with a very small part of it. Anyway, while mapping and when it comes to guardians i dont notice a big difference of my output.

You will see no wither totem and CWDT setup, as well as no movement skill as i am just testing out a few more things like darkpact in Kitavas + Decay. I definitly recommend these things along with defense auras like Enfeeble + Arctic Armor.

VIDEOS

Spoiler

i will try to catch a few maps + guardian as well as my shaper approach. but as i play on a potato laptop i don't really know how it works out.

For questions /w me ingame in Harbinger league (LanzeLoot).

Last edited by xposthofx on Sep 16, 2017, 3:21:07 PM
Last bumped on Nov 22, 2017, 1:50:37 PM
/Reserved
upload some potato videos pls
Last edited by JavaMaster on Nov 22, 2017, 1:51:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info