Tornado Shot with enchant +2

Using Reach of the Council

Could i expect a consistent single target dps boost on bosses with helm enchant? Or am I basically already hitting a boss with all 5 projectiles.

It's hard to tell and expensive to test >.>
Last bumped on Aug 29, 2017, 3:53:00 PM
Both your pack-clearing and boss-killing speed will go way up.

First off, in case you weren't aware, a tornado shot projectile that explodes inside of a boss will not hit it with the secondary projectile. So you can't guarantee hits by aiming this way.

So then the thing you have to factor in his how much empty space there is. Namely, how many degrees/radians are there between secondary projectiles, and based on the distance and size of the boss from the explosion point, how likely is it for a secondary projectile from each explosion to hit the boss?

So with 3 secondary projectiles you're working with 120 degrees and with 5 you're working with 72. The number of base projectiles you have doesn't impact the probability of each explosion hitting with a secondary projectile.

With bosses, larger ones will obviously take up a much wider angle relative to the explosion point. For example, with vaal oversoul, you should be able to aim a tornado shot from nearby to literally guarantee that every one hits (vaal oversoul just needs to block a full 120 degrees of space from each explosion to guarantee this).

I don't have precise math for you, but I can say for sure that back when I was using TS without the enchantment (in prophecy league when Reach was god-tier), rogue exiles were small enough that they'd frequently only be hit by an average of two secondary projectiles per volley among all 7 base arrows I had going, while, again, vaal oversoul was more like all of them. So it scales between those based on boss size. But even bosses like malachai or atziri, who look big, are slim enough at player height that they'll avoid several more explosions at base secondary projectiles than at +2.
"

Both your pack-clearing and boss-killing speed will go way up.

So with 3 secondary projectiles you're working with 120 degrees and with 5 you're working with 72.

Thx for the longer explanation. I think I will invest in the enchant.

"

First off, in case you weren't aware, a tornado shot projectile that explodes inside of a boss will not hit it with the secondary projectile. So you can't guarantee hits by aiming this way.

Didn't know that either. good to know.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info