Chieftains Ngamahu and burning effect interaction

I hope i can find here some official statement or a link to one about Chieftains Ngamahu.

"35% increased damage against burning enemys" is the wording, but its not clear to me if:

- it works for the source of the burn as well

- it only works for following dots/hits

- if it doesnt work with the source (lets say RF), does it work if i have two seperate burns (RF+Searing bond for excample)?

On top it says burning enemys which in theory excludes ignites (which should work).

Flamesurge for excample says it needs burning enemys for the 50% more damage, but ignite works also (source wiki)

in other cases ignite and burn are totally seperated like in the phoenix fight which is ignite immune but not burn immune

I personally think RF gains the 35% Ngamahu damage bonus from itself, but i cannot be 100% sure.

This is just one excample which shows how bad some wordings are in the game, either with missing information, like ignite working for flamesurge, not only burn... or the effect of taunt which does more than just shouting for monsters attention via damage reduction on other targets (damage reduction on other targets which is not written in decoy totem).

It's one thing that players should have room to discover the game and mechanics and another that they should have the tools for it.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Jun 2, 2017, 7:39:33 AM
Last bumped on Jun 2, 2017, 8:47:46 AM
"
Milkyslice wrote:
I hope i can find here some official statement or a link to one about Chieftains Ngamahu.

Closest I can find.

"
Milkyslice wrote:
it works for the source of the burn as well

No.

"
Milkyslice wrote:
if it doesnt work with the source (lets say RF), does it work if i have two seperate burns (RF+Searing bond for excample)?

No.

"
Milkyslice wrote:
On top it says burning enemys which in theory excludes ignites (which should work).

Why would it exclude ignites? The word Burning refers to an enemy affected by a fire DoT. The word Ignite refers to the particular Burning effect applied by critical hits with fire damage. All Ignites are Burning effects, however not all Burning effects are Ignites.

"
Milkyslice wrote:
I personally think RF gains the 35% Ngamahu damage bonus from itself, but i cannot be 100% sure.

Conditional damage modifiers (e.g. if the enemy is burning) are checked when a hit is calculated. Damage over time effects such as Righteous Fire and Scorching Ray never actually hit the enemy at a mechanical level. They cannot benefit from conditional modifiers.

This is a technical limitation, not a design decision.

"
Milkyslice wrote:
either with missing information, like ignite working for flamesurge

How is that missing information?

You seem to have decided ignites aren't burns, but I don't understand why.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
thanks for the response.

"
either with missing information, like ignite working for flamesurge

How is that missing information?

You seem to have decided ignites aren't burns, but I don't understand why.

For me its clear, but for many players not (like one in my guide which brought up the question regarding ngamahu.

It can be a bit confusing that ignite is a subcategory of burn but has other limitations like immunity from a few bosses.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info