Advice on Enlighten needed

I just found Enlighten for the first time, but at level 1 it doesn't do anything. Since my highest char is only level 80, I guess it will take long to level, or I will have to get my hands on 20 GCP, which is a lot for me. Is it worth it? Or would it make sense to sell it, since I have almost no currency, and trying to purchase a level 3 one later? Or is that ridiculous?
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
Last bumped on Oct 11, 2016, 2:35:41 PM
If you go on poe.trade, for about 20-30 chaos orbs (each) you can get 6/6 The Enlightened Div Cards, and trade them for a level 3 Enlightened Gem.

Alternatively, if you don't mind the gem being corrupted, you can get a level 3 Enlightened gem for 35-45 chaos.

Of course, the experience to get level 3 is about the same as a level 85-87 character, which isn't all that much, if you just let it sit in a gem slot somewhere, you'll be pleasantly surprised by how fast it levels.
Xikini's simple loot filter.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1741538
Last edited by Xikini on Oct 11, 2016, 3:43:14 AM
"
Xikini wrote:
If you go on poe.trade, for about 20-30 chaos orbs (each) you can get 6/6 The Enlightened Div Cards, and trade them for a level 3 Enlightened Gem.

Alternatively, if you don't mind the gem being corrupted, you can get a level 3 Enlightened gem for 35-45 chaos.

Of course, the experience to get level 3 is about the same as a level 85-87 character, which isn't all that much, if you just let it sit in a gem slot somewhere, you'll be pleasantly surprised by how fast it levels.

Thank you!
Is that with +20% or just with 0% like mine?
On poe.trade I actually saw much higher prices (people wanted 1 ex for level 3). But maybe that's just today?
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
You can use a "Haku's" weapon to level it faster. It gives 4%-6% quality to socketed support gems.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
onomastikon wrote:
"
Xikini wrote:

Thank you!
Is that with +20% or just with 0% like mine?
On poe.trade I actually saw much higher prices (people wanted 1 ex for level 3). But maybe that's just today?

Found it just for you. :P

When searching for level 3 gems make sure you are not confusing

Level/Tier -- correct
for
Itemlevel -- incorrect

Level 3, Quality 20%
@CaMoKaTuK Hi, I would like to buy your level 3 20% Enlighten Support listed for 37 chaos in Standard

Like I said though, this is a corrupted gem, so the price is lower.
Xikini's simple loot filter.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1741538
Last edited by Xikini on Oct 11, 2016, 4:16:55 AM
"
Xikini wrote:

Isnt there a 10x (or somewhat less with Haku) difference in gem XP vs character XP?
No wonder it's lost, it's in the middle of the jungle!
"
Zrevnur wrote:
"
Xikini wrote:

Isnt there a 10x (or somewhat less with Haku) difference in gem XP vs character XP?

Yes, but it sounds like Xikini was using a subjective measure (i.e. based on his/her personal experience and/or hearsay), in which case any scalar between the two doesn't really matter. More relevant would be the fact that gems:

1) Ignore level difference penalty, and
2) Do not lose XP on death

which means you could get Enlighten level 1 0 EXP to Enlighten Level 3 just leveling from 1 to 60 - IF you die an absurd number of times and farm extremely high level areas. I don't know what the time horizon looks like for deathless no-xp-penalty, probably something like 1 to 89, but it's almost impossible to avoid the level difference penalty at higher levels.
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Oct 11, 2016, 2:36:11 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info