Whats the difference between prefix and sufix?

I've played this game for about 3 years and to this day don't understand how to tell if the item has a prefix / suffix.

Since crafting came out, i simply don't understand if i can craft a certain mod on it, and i feel retarded.

So...GGG why Do i need to get a PhD in Chris Wilson 101 in order to understand how to play a game properly.
Last edited by Thegzagenius on Mar 17, 2016, 5:28:27 PM
Last bumped on Jun 16, 2023, 9:45:44 AM
i've found this site to be pretty useful:

http://poeaffix.net/index.html

i hope that helps you.

(disclosure: there is none. i'm not affiliated with that site in anyway, shape or form. :)
ooh! 'member when PoE was good and fun? i 'member!
item can have 6 mods:
3 prefixes
3 sufixes

list of affixes and suffixes:
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Mar 17, 2016, 5:58:28 AM
Pathofexile.com >game>items>prefixes/suffixes
Ign: LavaMosse
TimeZone: GMT+2
It's one of those things you learn over time. You have to make the attempt though. If you run a few rares through the list on the wiki, you'll start to get the hang of it.

You can also use the crafting benches to tell you if you have 3 of one type... it will say "item can't have another prefix/suffix" when you hover over the red mod on the list.
new player here. have only 100hrs on record. I spent 30hrs reading and 70hrs playing to get to lvl80 and get some currency in the bank.

comparing to other games it is REALLY difficult to understand which are prefixes/suffixes due to design; they could have easily separated those with a straight line on the item card. However, folks here are right; you will learn them over time
You guys don't understand... Ive played this game since nemesis HC and only played HC. Ive tried learning it but I'm no good at memorizing every single affix and whether it is a pre or suf...

It just makes no sense, like at all. IMO should be called something else or complete redefined. I can't even imagine how new players come to play this game when half of it doesn't make sense without getting a PHD in Chris Wilson 101.
"
Thegzagenius wrote:
You guys don't understand... Ive played this game since nemesis HC and only played HC. Ive tried learning it but I'm no good at memorizing every single affix and whether it is a pre or suf...

It just makes no sense, like at all. IMO should be called something else or complete redefined. I can't even imagine how new players come to play this game when half of it doesn't make sense without getting a PHD in Chris Wilson 101.

1. understading prefiex and suffixes is not required to be sucessful. Unless you burn currency on crafting you don't need to know mods they work. You just go to poe.trade and find good item

2. it is not hard to understand that:
"
item can have 6 mods:
3 prefixes
3 sufixes

and if you want to check how many suffixes or prefixes does item got you just visit
"

This site is very readable.

"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Last edited by kamil1210 on Mar 17, 2016, 7:41:15 PM
well op, wellcome to poe, where ppl usually "google to se if is a prefix/sufix", i dont know why but poe player base always need to search something in a 3rd party website.. is normal for them.... for trade, for craft, etc..
Life, mana, es, armor, evasion, es, added damage mods are prefix
Resis, stats, life rege (seriously fuck that 1.9 life reg/s mod on otherwise good gear) are suffix

Knowing that much off of my head gets me pretty far honestly. Most of the worthless mods (life on kill, attr. reduction, stun etc.) tend to be suffixes too
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info