CWDT Blood rage - reduced blood rage self dmg?

Hey guys I was looking at my gems, thinking of doing a bit of min/max and I notice that my CWDT now increases damage taken
I don't need blood rage proced very often, the leech and attack speed far outweighs the degen so this CWDT setup is mostly for keeping it up in boss fights without adds/easy casting when I'm lazy mapping

lvl 19 CWDT, Blood rage, Vaal haste, increased duration

my question though is if the increase/decrease in damage from CWDT affects the blood rage degen? because if it does it could possibly be worth using a very low lvl of both? at a low lvl the reduced blood rage duration wouldn't be an issue so it'd be a trade off of %HP regen vs attack speed

just for fun here's my other CWDT setups atm(I'm shaking things up a bit atm, trying new CWDT combo's);
Spoiler
Lvl1 Cwdt, temp chains, Immortal call, increased duration

lvl1 CWDT, frostwall
"
Drahnier123 wrote:
my question though is if the increase/decrease in damage from CWDT affects the blood rage degen?

If it does, that would be a bug. You aren't dealing any damage with blood rage, it's a buff which also has self degen as its integral part. On the output side it shouldn't be affected by anything except increased buff effect.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
ya I would have presumed what raics is saying to be true, same way reduced mana didnt used to effect arctic armours mana degen.
Righteous fire would be very close in behavior, except RF also has damage part besides buff+selfdegen part.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Thanks guys, couldn't find any specific references to this in the wiki and sometimes the exact way skills work is a little tricky to figure out the logic for.

Really appreciate the help.
"
Drahnier123 wrote:
my question though is if the increase/decrease in damage from CWDT affects the blood rage degen?
No. Your damage modifiers do not apply to damage over time you apply to yourself with skills.
do Endurance Charges lower the degen damage?
assuming they are already up at the time Blood Rage activates.
IGN: Doenertier // Timezone: GMT+1 (Germany)
"
Yoman wrote:
do Endurance Charges lower the degen damage?
Yes
"
Yoman wrote:
assuming they are already up at the time Blood Rage activates.
the assumption is unnecessary - if they're not up when blood rage is cast, they'll still apply to the ongoing degen as son as you get them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info