Question about Blood Rage in a hybrid build, please help

Guys, my reaver has 6103 armor, which is 62% physical damage reduction. I have 3k life 2K ES and 3.6% life regeneration from the tree.

When I activate Blood Rage, if I understand it right, the life or ES loss 4%*(1-0.62) is 1.52%. Since I have 3.6% life regen on the tree, it would be more than enough to offset the loss. However, when I cast the spell, my ES was drained pretty fast and even life was draining even faster than when I almost do not have armor at all after taking down the shield.

Someone pls tell me where i got this wrong. Thanks!

-Blood Rage and other physical degens (e.g. bleed) are not mitigated by armour. Armour only blocks damage from hits.

-Blood Rage deals damage equal to 4% of your life PLUS 4% of your ES at all times, not just 4% of whichever it's damaging at the time.

-As a side note, the physical damage reduction shown in your character screen is an estimate and is pretty worthless because of how armour works. The maths can be a bit annoying but basically, the more damage a single hit deals relative to the armour you have, the less effective the armour is at blocking it. Pay no attention to that number whatsoever, just look at your raw armour amount.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Per Wiki:

Physical damage reduction: Damage dealt by Blood Rage is lowered by physical damage reduction.

Can you further explain the mechanics?
"
XiaoXiaoZhu wrote:
Per Wiki:

Physical damage reduction: Damage dealt by Blood Rage is lowered by physical damage reduction.

Can you further explain the mechanics?

That refers to things that actually grant percentage damage reduction, such as endurance charges or fortify. Yet another reason the "% DR from armour" stat is misleading.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
how about lightning coil?
Do you have the Zealot's Oath keystone?

Anyway, the degen is based on life + ES so it is a bit more difficult to sustain with a hybrid build.
11.02.2013 - 11.02.2017: four year PoE anniversary!
Blood rage can only be mitigated by life regeneration and life leech.

And I suspect you are from Sg.
"
Deadpeng wrote:
Blood rage can only be mitigated by life regeneration and life leech.

Viperesque already pointed out that this is entirely not the case. Endurance Charges, the Soul of Steel Passive and PDR from having a Chaos Golem out applies just fine.
Fortify, Arctic Armour and Armour Rating only apply to Hits, and thus do not mitigate Blood Rage's Degeneration.

@Xiao: Damage over Time cannot be Converted, Lightning Coil does nothing.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Sep 6, 2015, 9:11:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info