Bloodgrip, Event 97: Malachai Kill

To see your points in the current season (and its prizes), go to this page.

You are also able to view your season and events history on your profile page, under the Seasons & Events section.

Standard rules for league events apply. Please click this link if this is your first race event.
A guide has been posted here which covers general aspects and strategies of racing.

A summary of Time based events:

Time based events are designed to create a competitive environment where players compete not by character experience, but by their ability to progress through the game and complete specific objectives, such as killing bosses.

The boss required to be defeated for this race is: Malachai, The Nightmare, located in The Harvest.

• The time recorded is based from the beginning of the race, not when your character is created.
  • Characters will not appear on the ladder until they have completed the objective.
  • Characters are not required to have completed the time based objective in order to receive points for the other objectives, such as points awarded for reaching certain levels.
  • Characters who die after completing the objective, will still be counted for receiving reward points except for the level-specific prizes.
  • Points are awarded at the end of the race, do not delete your characters until they have been moved to the permanent leagues.

Boss Kill Prizes:
The following are awarded to all players to complete them, not just the first.
  • Kill Brutus in Normal difficulty: 1 Reward Point.
  • Kill Merveil in Normal difficulty: 1 Reward Point.
  • Kill The Vaal Oversoul in Normal difficulty: 1 Reward Point.
  • Kill Piety in Normal difficulty: 1 Reward Point.
  • Kill Dominus in Normal difficulty: 1 Reward Point.
  • Kill King Kaom in Normal difficulty: 1 Reward Point.
  • Kill Daresso, King of Swords in Normal difficulty: 1 Reward Point.
  • Kill Malachai, The Nightmare in Normal difficulty: 5 Reward Points.

Top Prizes:

The overall top player by time will receive 3 Reward Points.

The top 20 players of each class by time will receive:
  • #1 player of each class: Demigod's Beacon (Unique Golden Flame) and 10 Reward Points.
  • #2 player of each class: 6 Reward Points.
  • #3 player of each class: 5 Reward Points.
  • #4 player of each class: 4 Reward Points.
  • #5 player of each class: 3 Reward Points.
  • #6-10 player of each class: 2 Reward Points.
  • #11-20 player of each class: 1 Reward Point.

Prizes for reaching specific levels and staying alive:
  • Level 36: 5 Reward Points.
  • Level 30-35: 4 Reward Points.
  • Level 24-29: 3 Reward Points.
  • Level 18-23: 1 Reward Point.

Quest Prizes:
The first player to complete each of these quests wins the prize listed.
  • Normal difficulty Mercy Mission (The Tidal Island): 2 Reward Points.
  • Normal difficulty The Dweller of the Deep (The Flooded Depths): 2 Reward Points.
  • Normal difficulty The Marooned Mariner (The Ship Graveyard): 2 Reward Points.
  • Normal difficulty A Swig of Hope (The Docks): 2 Reward Points.
  • Normal difficulty A Fixture of Fate (The Library): 2 Reward Points.

Full-clear Prizes:
The first player to kill all of the monsters in any of the following areas will receive:
  • Normal difficulty The Fetid Pool: 2 Reward Points.
  • Normal difficulty The Den: 2 Reward Points.
  • Normal difficulty The Dread Thicket: 2 Reward Points.
  • Normal difficulty The Catacombs: 2 Reward Points.

Random Prizes:
Reward points earned in this race grant tickets in a random draw for the following items:
  • Alternate Art The Blood Thorn Unique Item (15 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Crimson Jewel Item (25 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art Death Rush Unique Item (30 available to be won)
  • Alternate Art The Blood Dance Unique Item (10 available to be won)
Gameplay & Level Design
Need help? Contact support@grindinggear.com
My suggestion for next season is to put any Piety, Dominus, or Malachai kill events on the weekend. I think it is a bit too hard to put 4-7 hours of gameplay in on a weekday for any player (young or old). The last 2 weekends of this season has small 1 hour events (Except 90m Ancestral Party (BGC106) and Vaal Oversoul Kill (BGV102)) that should have been moved into the week when you have less time, and allow longer events on the weekend when you have more time. Of course this only makes sense for people with normal schedules (students, 9-5 workers, etc.) that are usually busy during the "work" week. Something to think about. On the other races, I think most have been planned very well.

I commend Dan and those that worked to put this season together. Just small updates to 2+ hour races on rewards since act 4 has been added. Some communication from GGG during the race would be nice too. I also feel that it would be cool to see more rewards, and maybe more events during a race season. Maybe make it 1 1/2 months long. Still keep top tier prize at 1000 points like it has always been, and have more prizes like seasons 3-8 with 9-10 rewards along the way to 1000 points. Might get more people racing, which I hear may be the reason why there has been less communication recently. Otherwise I think it has been updated nicely for this season and last season. Neat ideas on themed races for Emberwake and Bloodgrip. GJ GGG!
P̯̹̙̥̉̏ͦͯA̠̝̰̣̯͕͚̲̭͈̥̠͑̓̿ͦ̾ͯ̍ͅͅȚ̜̦͕̞̞̠̮͎͔͙͔̺̺͉̟̿̿̏ͬ͛͋̍ͮ̌̚H̹͕͚̟͍̘̤̱̻̬͓̬̮̫̦͖̳̹ͮͨ̒̉ͮ̿̈ͪ̇̿͆ͭ̃ͭ̃ͭ̚ ̲̫̞̤͓̳͑ͬ̾͌ͯ͐͂̿͗ͨ͋͑̍͐͗̾̄O͕̮̻͔̳̠͉͖̳͖͈̻͇͈̣̙̪͈ͨ͐̒̽ͣ̋ͅF̣͎̞̞̯̝ͦ͌̆ͥ̈͐̾ͣ̔ͮ̐̀̏ͪ̚ ̟̩͙̙̩̮̻̼ͬ͑ͥͦ͗̿E̼̭̩̜͕̱̤̭̞͖̳͍̝̤̼͓̗ͩͫ̌ͬ̊̋̄͑͗̽X͕̰̪̱̲̩̙̦͓͓̯̠̤̝̝̯̣̥̀̋̌̍̚Ȉ̖̟͔̩̝̊̿ͪͅL̺͓̻̰̀͋̅ͮͧE̎̑͆̏
"
Snapfire wrote:
I also feel that it would be cool to see more rewards, and maybe more events during a race season. Maybe make it 1 1/2 months long. Still keep top tier prize at 1000 points like it has always been, and have more prizes like seasons 3-8 with 9-10 rewards along the way to 1000 points. Might get more people racing, which I hear may be the reason why there has been less communication recently. Otherwise I think it has been updated nicely for this season and last season. Neat ideas on themed races for Emberwake and Bloodgrip. GJ GGG!

I'm from a guild called ACE (Alpha Crucis Exiles) we have about 100 people in our guild and I often ask them why they're not racing and they normally reply with something like "I don't think it's worth it because there isn't enough rewards" or "I don't see the point since the rewards aren't very good" I understand that racing isn't all about the rewards but there would be so many more people racing if there were more / better rewards.

"
Snapfire wrote:
My suggestion for next season is to put any Piety, Dominus, or Malachai kill events on the weekend.

New Zealand & Australia have this race in the weekend which gives them an advantage since there will not be as many players from other countries doing the race. Not that this matters too much, just thought it'd be worth mentioning

Last edited by GuyThatDies on Sep 25, 2015, 5:32:49 AM
I understand it is difficult to accommodate all people in all time zones. Perhaps in the future a more randomized schedule? Or run one race type in all time slots of a day, this would make it easier for those of us who cant participate at 7am or 1am not get left out.. with that in mind i do think all yall at ggg are doing a great job and i really enjoy the race events that i am able to attend. Thanks for the game!
I am really not as bad as they say I am.

I am actually a really nice person.

Haaahahahaaahahahahahahahahahaaaahahahaha
As the podcast suggests, you need to create asynchronous races.
This will cater to all players of any timezone.

For boss races in particular, you might try limiting active characters in the league to one. For people who either die and want to restart, and ensure they cannot double up on points somehow.

"The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence."
Last edited by Hixxie on Sep 25, 2015, 6:16:29 PM
Might casual to 6 points for the random prize draw (time permitting)...
Good run.
Unfortunate 2 (well 3 since I do get hit by a random mob but not getting hit from it wouldn't saved me) shot in Kaoms Path by the unique totem boss with 39 fire res (67 w/ flask but it ran out just before this happened)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8SnEMBgnnY&feature=youtu.be

fun race, too bad karv died it would've been close :(

+1 off vendor, ms off brutus, qs in docks, chanced the chest at daresso. 3linked the bbg sceptre after killing malachai, had no fc flame dash the entire race and my damage was also shit

Vod is processing https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLBnWCyXEV0
100 #1 - PA Rank 1 Flashback | 100 #2 - Cyclone Standard | 100 #3 - Support top 50 Talisman | 100 #4 - Support Rank 5 PHC | 100 #5 - Earthquake Rank 51 PHC | 100 #6 - Vaal Spark Rank 5 PHFB2W
Last edited by Krame_ on Sep 25, 2015, 9:17:38 PM
Walking through act IV without any kind of armour is very suicidal , I can only dodge THAT many ranged attack shots. White roosters with bow in daresso's dream can actually instagib you from 1k+ life, especially when they get frenzy charges from their dog friends, who would have thought.
ProjectPT was right.
"
passofexhale wrote:
Walking through act IV without any kind of armour is very suicidal , I can only dodge THAT many ranged attack shots. White roosters with bow in daresso's dream can actually instagib you from 1k+ life, especially when they get frenzy charges from their dog friends, who would have thought.

Depends on the build. I was incredibly lucky to find these in late A2:

People often disregard these boots for added danger, but they're perfect for rushing with a high-DPS ranged build (I ended up playing dual totem).

Malachai kill gear:

He actually died so fast I didn't even have to port to town, lol. If I didn't fuck around so much in A4 I would have beat Havoc too...

My immense respect to Krame for making a sub-2 hour. In fact, if you still have your video in its original form, I would very much urge you to submit it to SDA—your time is fucking nuts and deserves to be celebrated and preserved in multiple forms.
<Tyrfalger> Exactly, the next act is going outside Sarn and into those wheat fields (see the map) to become a farmer. Then we can spend our days endlessly farming. Wait a minute...
Last edited by moozooh on Sep 25, 2015, 10:02:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info