1-Month Temp League as difficult as BLAMT

I've just ripped in the recent BLAMT race. And I had so much fun.

Suggestion:

My suggestion is to run a Temporary League as difficult as BLAMT.

The goal is to make every second of game play in Path of Exile challenging that you cannot faceroll normal and cruel difficulty anymore.

Most of the early game content is just wasted. The prime example of this is Twilight Strand where you just ignore everything until you get to the boss. But this wasn't the case with BLAMT because a crab can actually kill you. And with a pack of crabs with the right totem, you're guaranteed to die.

I think the reason why we say "map-viable" but not "cruel-viable" is because everyone facerolls normal and cruel, (and even merciless). Ymmv with HC., but I'm pretty sure majority of Torment players do faceroll until level mid-50's.

BLAMT means:

Every zone in the game has the following mods:

Blood Magic
Lethal (+50% extra damage of each element)
Ancestral (Totems! Everywhere!!!!)
Multiple Projectiles (+4 iirc)
Turbo (60%)

Why was it fun for me:

The challenge was really there. Although I didn't get any points (for the race), it was a 1 hour of pure fun.

Every second of gameplay, you had to think and concentrate. All the stuff in early game is very important; i mean, just getting an Iron Hat or not could mean life or death. Every single damage in that crude bow counted because you had to kill those naked crab before they can kill you; in other words, using whetstones now actually mattered a lot, big time!

As difficult as BLAMT
Instead of BLAMT Temp League. I am not sure 100% how BLAMT goes for level 1-80's. What I am suggesting is to have a gameplay that is really hard as BLAMT while making sure it is playable and can be beaten. If it is possible to beat the game upto Atziri with BLAMT, then BLAMT it is.

Maybe we'll get to play Path of Exile where a well rolled Driftwood Club would actually sell. Whetstones and Scraps valuable. Low level uniques not vendor trash anymore. The phrase "Dominus Cruel Down" into build guides. "Merciless viable" into build guide thread titles.

Would like to hear everyone's thoughts about this.
PoE-TradeMacro - https://github.com/PoE-TradeMacro/POE-TradeMacro/
ExileTrade - http://exiletrade.github.io/
Last edited by ManicCompression on Feb 18, 2015, 4:23:53 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
support this idea. i like these challenging leagues (although my current playtime allows no participation).

additionally: where are the custom leagues which were in the planning stage once? is the only argument against it really that you don't want to clutter the user base any further?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Maybe tone it down a little bit? I mean I like the idea, but this just amplifies some of the questionably dangerous mechanical aspects of PoE in hardcore. Rogue Exiles, boxes, desync, and certain area bosses are just super RIP city. I also don't like spending an hour of my time to get to almost kill Brutus.
SeoHyun (www.twitch.tv/Awkamess)
My racing guides for S11:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/15DtU8a7ruzt_q7x51pS6lG4QOl_XxAmcdP6RU-61qUU

"Terrex is irrelevant." ~Lonestar420 2015
"
Awkamess wrote:
Maybe tone it down a little bit? I mean I like the idea, but this just amplifies some of the questionably dangerous mechanical aspects of PoE in hardcore. Rogue Exiles, boxes, desync, and certain area bosses are just super RIP city. I also don't like spending an hour of my time to get to almost kill Brutus.

Maybe it would be best to play in the permanent hardcore league for that month then?
"
Awkamess wrote:
Maybe tone it down a little bit? I mean I like the idea, but this just amplifies some of the questionably dangerous mechanical aspects of PoE in hardcore. Rogue Exiles, boxes, desync, and certain area bosses are just super RIP city.

Yeah this is why I was concerned with the game going to be unbeatable. Yeah most probably there will be a need to adjustment., maybe only 25% Lethal on some bosses/rogues. I'm sure GGG can easily balance this.

"
Awkamess wrote:
I also don't like spending an hour of my time to get to almost kill Brutus.

The goal is to make every second of game play in Path of Exile challenging that you cannot faceroll normal and cruel difficulty anymore.

In my own honest opinion, spending 15-30mins killing Brutus in a1n, killing only packs, especially blue packs. Ignore everything the drops (except ofc for valuable currencies)... is not fun.

(Don't mean to sound salty here) This is maybe why it is so devastating in HC to rip a character just when you're almost ready to run maps. It is because the challenge starts with maps. And challenge is fun. If you died before having fun, then you've just wasted so many hours. Though one would say, at least you've learned a lesson -- start again. But I think having fun every second in the game is so much better than lame blasting for hours (setting up fire traps at first).
PoE-TradeMacro - https://github.com/PoE-TradeMacro/POE-TradeMacro/
ExileTrade - http://exiletrade.github.io/
Last edited by ManicCompression on Feb 18, 2015, 12:07:17 PM
1 month is a little long during existing leagues. Maybe have it between leagues. Of course a hardcore version and having separate achievements would rock. I still think hardcore and soft-core achieves and rewards should be complete separate but that's another story.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info