PVP in the long run.

I was wondering... But since there is no respec in the game, how exactly will pvp be tailored to a pve oriented game? I mean we all know that having life nodes is great for pvp/pve as hp = survability... However, what about other abilities that favor pvp more than pve. I mean what if GGG does take pvp far and turn it into arena based leagues etc etc... How will a pve spec fair against a pure pvp spec; the answer, not well.

Another thing to add to this, lets say GGG does make pvp viable that can compete with PVE. You would still need to level up pve wise to even reach the pvp content of max level. How then can someone who wants a pvp oriented build even be able to compete in cruel/merc difficulty to reach max level.

By building a balanced character, using tactical play and not full dps or full tank. The ways for this are many.
There is respec in the game, it just takes a little effort. There are many ways you can level your PvP chars - op items, public groups etc. I see no problem here. At high levels gear is much more dominant than a few skill-points here and there anyway.
You get respec points from different quests and from regret orbs... Delete thread, this is dumb, you haven't even played the game idiot.
PvP focused characters will obviously do better at PvP than PvE characters. You won't have a build that is ideal for both.
Lets not forget the PvP in diablo 2 which was huge - which was EVEN more limited in terms of respeccing.

Usually, you will just have to either manage gimped PvP spec with people helping you quest/level - or you will just have to invest in a lot of regrets/respec points - I don't think this should be changed.
ign KlearSpeed

1.3 Torment - Scion Kinetic Build Guide (HC Viable)
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1146976
Last edited by iMbaQ on Feb 9, 2013, 9:43:28 AM
"
almond wrote:
PvP focused characters will obviously do better at PvP than PvE characters. You won't have a build that is ideal for both.

Usually so but not always, there are builds very good for both. "Ideal" is a matter of building, depending on the player skills and not a matter of pvp or pve-oriented, locked game mechanics.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info