PvP Rewards

I suggest you add PvP rewards in great detail before launch or you may lose the hardcore pvp community.

things like
unique skills from pvp.
special items that unlock with pvp level
ranking system with unique character models / armor
pvping someone of higher level gives random chance for better drops
pvping someone adds you to their nemesis list and "tracks" them somehow visually.

I think with these simple things POE can be a sick PvP game with endless gameplay if more content is added in the future.
"
anomolis wrote:

ranking system

That is all that really needs. A good match maker and a ladder. People (me included) would play just to beat people and get higher rated.

I personally do not believe in loot from pvp (just imagine the win trading for that loot). Maybe tournaments with some nice gear as reward but just not from normal games.
Looting in pvp would reduce the no of pvp players by 95% in a few days.
A suggestion would be to loot a shadow copy ethereal version of an item from the other player, which could only be used for a limited amount of time and/or until it reaches 0 quality, after a certain amount of usage (attacks for weapons, amount blocked for armor, etc)
You could also keep a body part of the defeated, as reward.
Item rewards from PvP is pretty unnecessary and would just devalue currency in relation to items. Having a ladder and maybe regular tournaments is all its really missing.
"
Grildrak wrote:
"
anomolis wrote:

ranking system

That is all that really needs. A good match maker and a ladder. People (me included) would play just to beat people and get higher rated.

i think a there should be pvp rewards that break chain freeze chain stun, perma chains curse, like flask that has "dispells all status ailments and grants immunity for 5 seconds, only useable in arenas" something like that, then like cosmetic pvp rewards
A dynamic pvp system will feed profit for the game. Rewards, as well as alternate play methods (capture the flag/resources based maps) will give players builds and gear to work toward after pve gets repetitive. Cosmetic upgrades to your character (the income for the game) will be much more popular if characters can "size up" enemies in battlegrounds. Playing alone leaves little desire to make your little man (or woman) on the computer look cool. Moreover, armor dyes/etc would allow for more customization per character, allowing for uniqueness amongst players in battlegrounds.

As far as rewards go, they could be powerful game items or situational (flasks that get you out of crowd control as mentioned before). Grinding pvp for an awesome item (or perhaps chance at an awesome item) is not unfair to those grinding pve. And having two aspects of the game to master would provide more play hours. And as always, pvp is an option, never a requirement.

Short version: It is important that there is rewarding and stimulating PvP, because keeping players in battlegrounds will provide demand for cosmetic upgrades, ultimately increasing income to the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info