[3.10] Sovyn's Lazy Pally - Tanky Templar with Max Block

"
malox1696 wrote:
guys you think that LS is viable on this build ?

Yes, this build works with any melee skill. That said, speaking from my endgame perspective, I think you may need the mana leech support gem to leech based on the elemental part of LS. That's why I prefer low cost physical skills, you can use a DPS support instead of BM/leech, as a 2% mana leech ring is enough to keep up. You can always run one aura only, say, determination and overcompensate on evasion on your gear. A great evasion chest (2K) would do it -- won't need grace with that. Flask if necessary.
After shelfing my lazy pally for months now, I'm dusting him off and playing him again starting at lvl 50. What are any big changes to this build lately?
"
Route1 wrote:
After shelfing my lazy pally for months now, I'm dusting him off and playing him again starting at lvl 50. What are any big changes to this build lately?

Hi Route1! I don't recall exactly how long ago you last ppsted, but welcome back. I *think* the build is about the same, depending how long ago. Minor changes to the skill tree for 1.1.0.

Here's the change log from the guide:

Spoiler
01-01-2014 -- removed life regen nodes, life nodes, damage nodes near duelist start and added damage/life nodes, damage node, life node, intelligence node, and amplify
01-02-2014 -- Updated weapon section to be more weapon type agnostic, with some additional detail. Updated recommended skill gem section to include AOE attack skills for specific weapon types. Updated the linked sockets section to coincide with attack skill section.
01-10-14 -- Updated the gear/shield section for additional clarity.
02-04-2014 -- Updated gear section with some additional unique suggestions and a few mentions of chaos resist.
02-18-2014 -- Adjusted all progression builds to include a few key damage nodes around level 80.
03-05-2014 -- Updated skill tree links for compatibility with PoE version 1.1.0. Updated total stats (120 points), and miscellaneous changes to gear recommendations.
04-21-2014 -- Added a note about quality on attack skill and supports
05-08-2014 -- Added Molten Strike as a recommended skill for early game*

*note that I'm still recommending Reave for endgame

BIG UP! mate
"
L337cha wrote:
BIG UP! mate

true, ... true : ))

My Molten Strike gem is almost level 16, so the comparison test will happen pretty soon.

The defender will be :

Reave - Melee Physical Damage - Multistrike - Concentrated Effect

The challengers :

Molten Strike - Multistrike - Melee Physical Damage - Faster Attacks

Molten Strike - Blood Magic - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Multistrike

Molten Strike - Weapon Elemental Damage - Melee Physical Damage - Faster Attacks

Molten Strike - Multistrike - Melee Physical Damage - Fire Penetration

Molten Strike - Multistrike - Melee Physical Damage - Concentrated Effect

---

If anyone has other 4-link combos for Molten Strike that they would like to be part of this test, please let me know.
I need to ask one question. How is that build any good? From what I've seen in videos posted in original post, you kill things almost one at a time at a snail's pace AND it's not even that tanky if not for flask mashing. Yes, you can stand in a crowd and not get hit for a long time, but when eventually you get hit, even white / magic monsters hit like a truck. What's up with that?
"
mazurecki wrote:
I need to ask one question. How is that build any good? From what I've seen in videos posted in original post, you kill things almost one at a time at a snail's pace AND it's not even that tanky if not for flask mashing. Yes, you can stand in a crowd and not get hit for a long time, but when eventually you get hit, even white / magic monsters hit like a truck. What's up with that?

The basic idea is between evasion, block, armour, HP, dodging projectiles and spell block, you take very little overall damage compared to other builds.

eg. Xandro Blooddrinker, one of the hardest rogue exiles due to his spam, is quite facetankable as a lazy pally.

The core concepts are:

-survivability without enormous amounts of button mashing/keeping debuffs up etc
-laziness, some of us just want to hit stuff without the aforementioned button mashing to optimise our dps/survival. I played "world of timerwatching" for years as a rogue in WoW, now I just want to murder stuff and watch loot pop up.
-low cost. Sovyn is a self found player and isn't loaded with ultra high end items. Anyone with a decent block shield, some form of spell block, capped resists and a decent number of items with life built in can play this build.

Yeah, it's not 30k dps ultra blender working a legacy BOR/soultaker combo, but hands up how many players have that sort of gear just lying around? Currently, at 82-ish, I can corrupt a map and roll with 7+ mods (including lowered resists/enfeeble/reflects/more monster phys/elem dmg/faster mobs etc etc) and for the most part faceroll it... My "uber" gear is a Thief's Torment/non-legacy BOR, most gems not quality & lvl 18-19.

Compare it to builds that need 20-30ex (at least) of gear just to be functional...

Sovyn's donated his time and efforts testing etc the build with no expectation of return, it's not like he's promoting it for profit. Ultimately, you don't have to play the build if you don't think it'll work for you.
Could not have said it better (or even as well), thanks Saviourself!
That fully explains it. Thanks for the answer, and please don't don't think I was dissing the build, that was pure curiosity. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info