Any ideas on how summoners will be changed with the coming mini-expansion?

Snapshotting will be fixed, thank the Gods!

So that makes me feel like playing a summoner for the first time since Diablo 2 (ooh, I loved being a skellymancer!).

I'm curious however if summoners will be buffed for the loss of Mon'tregul zombie snapshotting and Tabula rasa spectre snapshotting, after the abusive mine/trap snapshotting was already fixed. I guess they can do it in many ways:

1) add new summoner-specific gear.
2) buff summon skills.
3) add new skills for summoners (not very likely, they had the two offering spells and convocation not that long ago already).
4) Re-invent the Animated Guardian so he can add a lot to a summoner.
5) Put more summon nodes in passive tree.
6) Buff Mon'tregul as few people will still want to use it. The legacy will be the weaker version in this case (they should do this with every useless unique by the way).
7) ...

There must be many other possibilities to keep summoners in the game.

Any info yet on this matter?
"
Soepkieken wrote:
Snapshotting will be fixed, thank the Gods!

So that makes me feel like playing a summoner for the first time since Diablo 2 (ooh, I loved being a skellymancer!).

I'm curious however if summoners will be buffed for the loss of Mon'tregul zombie snapshotting and Tabula rasa spectre snapshotting, after the abusive mine/trap snapshotting was already fixed. I guess they can do it in many ways:

1) add new summoner-specific gear.
2) buff summon skills.
3) add new skills for summoners (not very likely, they had the two offering spells and convocation not that long ago already).
4) Re-invent the Animated Guardian so he can add a lot to a summoner.
5) Put more summon nodes in passive tree.
6) Buff Mon'tregul as few people will still want to use it. The legacy will be the weaker version in this case (they should do this with every useless unique by the way).
7) ...

There must be many other possibilities to keep summoners in the game.

Any info yet on this matter?

1. yes
2. yes
3. yes
4. yes
5. yes
6. no
7. no
“Demons run when a good man goes to war"
spell echo is already a big buff if you are using spectres
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199
Summoners have trouble with not having enough gem slots. If you want 4 different types of spectres and you want the to be strong, you will need to be wearing 4 different 6L pieces of gear. Not gonna happen without snapshotting. The raise spectre gem will need a huge boost to compensate for lack of links. Zombies? They'll need a boost, too. They are useless without faster attacks and multistrike unless you are going for a minion instability build but those suck at endgame.

Animated guardian could use a huge boost as well and some better AI so he stays in your auras. Losing a pile of uniques every time he dies is just stupid.

Maybe auras could be given to minions to free up gems slots and buff them. There is a lot of potential but balancing could be a nightmare as soon as people figure out what is OP.
"
Soepkieken wrote:

Certain uniques definitely will go useless after the patch, the first one to get mentioned is

Monstregul. The reduced number to 4 or 5 Zombiesdefinitely unable to outdps 8 or 10 Zombies at all. Moreover, the 500 Maximum hp which is a pro feature of this item unable to outweight the cons of exposing the Summoner to more threats when minions number are reduced drastically. The risk is too high and using it would just render you to the next level of glass cannon, a more fragile glass cannon.

Secondly,
Sidhebreath. I would never use it in my necklace slot without snapshot. It doesn't worth it. With the tiny stats it gives, its better to equip defensive necklace for your own Summoner such as Lazhwar or any Rares that give couple or triple Ele resistance. No one would ever notice whats the difference between equipping Sidhebreath and without it when against the same monster and damage.

I Love This Game Now, Being a Summoner Hardly Associated with Desync ♫

♥ ♥ ♥ My Shop http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/887292 ♥ ♥ ♥
☻ ☻ ☻ Downfall of Zombie and Spectre in 1.2 Patch ☻ ☻ ☻
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1019959
I doubt GGG will make big changes summoners need to stay viable without snapshotting. They will be shit.
It will be A LOT of fun and laughter if summoners won't get any "compensation buffs" in 1.2.0 :D
Just sayin'
(yes, i have summoner also; no, i've never used snapshot)
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
  • Spectres persist between sessions.
  • Vaal Desecrate/Summon Spectre that resummons your last used spectres.
  • Minion Damage gem made a more multiplier to make up for no traps/mines.
  • Base zombie and skele attack speed brought up, base damage lowered.
  • Base radius of auras brought way up, radius from levelling lowered.
  • More skill duration nodes on the tree, not just at scion.
  • Summoning speed added to minion nodes like totem nodes have.
  • Skeletons adjusted to follow the player.
  • Animate weapon only consumes white items and magic items, magics dont need to be identified, rares and uniques are dropped on death/duration end but theres a limit to how many rare/uniques can be animated like zombies/skeles/spectres. Possibly increased through passives, either on existing minion nodes or new ones.
  • Animate weapon works on ranged weaponry? Not very necessary.
  • Animate guardian AI improved, only consumes white/magic items, rares and uniques are dropped on death but there is an X second cooldown added to skill use per rare/unique item animated.
  • Animate guardian uses linked melee skill gems? Not very necessary.
  • Keystone that disallows aura bonuses on your minions but grants them a portion of your passives and buff bonuses OR you gain a portion of theirs OR both.
  • Possible minion specific trigger gems, like cast when minion damage taken or cast on minion death.

Not all of them are needed but as many as possible would likely do the trick.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
"
Wooser69 wrote:
  • Spectres persist between sessions.
  • Vaal Desecrate/Summon Spectre that resummons your last used spectres.
  • Minion Damage gem made a more multiplier to make up for no traps/mines.
  • Base zombie and skele attack speed brought up, base damage lowered.
  • Base radius of auras brought way up, radius from levelling lowered.
  • More skill duration nodes on the tree, not just at scion.
  • Summoning speed added to minion nodes like totem nodes have.
  • Skeletons adjusted to follow the player.
  • Animate weapon only consumes white items and magic items, magics dont need to be identified, rares and uniques are dropped on death/duration end but theres a limit to how many rare/uniques can be animated like zombies/skeles/spectres. Possibly increased through passives, either on existing minion nodes or new ones.
  • Animate weapon works on ranged weaponry? Not very necessary.
  • Animate guardian AI improved, only consumes white/magic items, rares and uniques are dropped on death but there is an X second cooldown added to skill use per rare/unique item animated.
  • Animate guardian uses linked melee skill gems? Not very necessary.
  • Keystone that disallows aura bonuses on your minions but grants them a portion of your passives and buff bonuses OR you gain a portion of theirs OR both.
  • Possible minion specific trigger gems, like cast when minion damage taken or cast on minion death.

Not all of them are needed but as many as possible would likely do the trick.

That sounds already OP from the first 2 points. No reason to read more of that wall of text.
Many people don't realize just how powerful summoners are without snapshot because they have never tried or just plain did it wrong.

I am anticipating GGG giving in to the mass community qq and buffing them, making them insanely powerful till they get nerfed down in subsequent patches.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info