Itemflippers and their offers. Share your story here!

"
ventiman wrote:
i dont have buyouts
i load procurement slect all tabs and there you go

i dont really care if i sell or not i just like the wisper pms when i play :)

hey ?
hellO ?
are you there ?

love it

you're messed up
"
ventiman wrote:
i dont have buyouts
i load procurement slect all tabs and there you go

i dont really care if i sell or not i just like the wisper pms when i play :)

hey ?
hellO ?
are you there ?

love it

After all this years, venti was actually funny once oO
Some of my items have no b/o, doesn't mean that I'm just looking to rip players off.

E.g I have a Tabula that I want to sell, I just dump it in my store thread without a b/o, generally because of laziness, I know they're worth 2 ex in the one month league but I'm more than happy to help a less RNG fortunate player out if they offer an Ex and some random orbs, sometimes even a single Ex is fine depending on my mood.

Now if someone whispers me telling that they want to buy it for 3 pure Ex I'll sell it for 3 Ex even though it's more than what it's worth but that does not mean that I sit around waiting for that one random player that has no idea of the value on gear while rejecting all fair offers, heck I even sell items for less than what I'm asking more often than not.

So I guess that what I wanted to say is that not everyone that has no buyout set is some evil badass just waiting for high offers to come in.
Last edited by archiadus on Jul 16, 2014, 9:24:34 PM
Back in Onslaught I had a near perfect Andvarius. I had no real idea on the true value and couldn't be bothered looking it up and appreciating the IIR rolls. I sold it via Trade chat for just over 1 Ex... literally 30 seconds later the guy was selling it for 2.5 Ex.

I PST him (in good spirits) and made comment about him flipping the item for an instant profit and wished him GL. I take a rather philosophical approach towards things like this:

- First, at the time of sale I was lazy about finding out the true value at the time.

- Second, when selling it I was legitimately happy with what I received. The transaction made both parties happy... to me this is the goal of a successful trade.

- Third, I couldn't look back on it and be pissed off or regret the trade, because I was happy at the time. Just like I don't think back and regret past girlfriends etc. I made the best decisions at the time.

- Finally, I learnt something from the experience. Not only understanding the item's true value better, but I also learnt if I want to get full market value I should take the time to find out.

I felt no ill-feelings towards the flipper. Why even a few minutes after that trade that flipper was selling something I wanted, we chatted again and I purchased something at good rate ... it was only a few chaos, but a better deal none the less. Again, we were both happy with the trade.
Chris Wilson: "Today was the proudest day of my life."
I never put any BO on my mediocre items yet i put it on high items. I't just too time consuming to put BO on every single items without procurement (which i don't use)

I've never had any issue on trading and buying items without a BO. If their price offered is below my min treshold i just say them kindly that i'm looking for more
I for my part only sell my items for a buyout. During my gaming sessions, I put everything I deem sellable in appropriate tabs. After my gaming session, I fire up Procurement and poe.xyz, do my research, put buyouts on my items, update my shop thread, done. This way, flippers will not get to profit from me.

As for buying, I only buy from people who put buyouts or demand a set price. A reply like "offer?" automaticly gets "1 chaos?" from me just to infuriate them, because I consider those guys as preying on noobs to rip them off, which I absolutely despise.
If my post contains typos, blame my phone and my fat fingers.
I don't really understand the OP, but whatever. People play in different ways, as long as they are being honest about what they are selling and how much they are selling it for then who cares?

Fwiw I try to unload cheap stuff in game and I mostly just leave my forum shop for expensive stuff, which I sell at fixes prices with no haggling. Some of it might be relatively cheap, some of it might be relatively expensive, I don't care, if it sells it sells and if it doesn't I reduce the price until it does. If you don't like the prices then don't buy my shit, simple.
"
medder666 wrote:
I for my part only sell my items for a buyout. During my gaming sessions, I put everything I deem sellable in appropriate tabs. After my gaming session, I fire up Procurement and poe.xyz, do my research, put buyouts on my items, update my shop thread, done. This way, flippers will not get to profit from me.

As for buying, I only buy from people who put buyouts or demand a set price. A reply like "offer?" automaticly gets "1 chaos?" from me just to infuriate them, because I consider those guys as preying on noobs to rip them off, which I absolutely despise.

Noob Question , but totally assumed : What s " procurement" you re talking about ?

Thanks
"
Kenshiro069 wrote:
"
medder666 wrote:

Noob Question , but totally assumed : What s " procurement" you re talking about ?

Thanks

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/172710
Last edited by MegaTen_IV on Jul 17, 2014, 4:28:20 AM
I have no buyouts because I dont play much, I suck at pricing and I have no idea what are my items worth. But still, my common sense knows which items "might" be good and which arent.
I am pretty sure I vendored a lot of valuable items due to my lack of knowledge of the items value. Whatever.

I use procurement aswell, selecting all my uniques and some of the best rare items and just creating a shop.
Now the real part is...
- I dont even want to sell half of those items unless someone is willing to pay an astronomic price for them, and I know they wont so... I never sell anything.
- If someone still PM me like "hi wtb this and that, how much" I say hi, I dont know. Offer ? If he say a few chaos I say no thanks, because I feel like i could get more... but when and where ? :-)
- Now the funny part is that when I want to buy something I do a research on poe.zyx...and when I find my item and PM the guys especially without buyour prices ( because I have no interest buying stuff for exalts and hundreds of chaos ) and I say "hi wtb this and that, how much" and they answer hi, I dont know. Offer ? I offer the lowest possible and he answer no thanks, bye. I get so mad that people are doing the same as I do. Only I am supposed to do that :-/
- Another one. For example yesterday i wanted to buy a Spell Echo gem. From 10chaos to 1 exalt ( standard ). But I saw one guy from those 100 who was selling it for 4 chaos ( he sold it at the time i pm-ed him. So I set my price at 4 chaos, maybe 5. PM'd a lot of guys, noone was willing to sell it for that price. I was flaming them, come on a quest gem for 1ex are you nuts ? I still dont have the gem, but its not a big deal. I can get it later from the quest.

And this is how my trading work in this game and why I hate it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info