RMT Sites are now making their own items and selling copies.

"
enveratise wrote:
I was looking for this gif. thank you.

One of the most versatile gifs on the interwebz
✮ in-game @FTMFW
✮ twitch.tv/RRTSON
✮ [Shop] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/909223
✮ [Build of the Week] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1034503
With high end items a research can be done. See the wand in OP's post. You see that wand --> you look at who has that items ingame --> ban

But with currency.. it's totally impossible to detect "RMTed" currency

Say i buy 50 exalts and i spend 25 on an items. Those 25 exalt traded are not tagged as RMTed and thus cannot simply be detected, there is absolutely no way to detect RMTed currency so we can't find RMT users by currency trades themselves

Lastly, please really, inflation in standard and hardcore is naturally caused by the game. RMT have an extremely minimal (if not 0) percentage on that inflation. You're talking about a 1.5 year league in which all other leagues converge cmon... exalts and gear enters there in an endless stream, THAT is causing the vaaaaaaast majority of inflation, not RMT sites

"
Xavderion wrote:
The average player that I'm always talking about isn't affected by any of this.

We are all affected
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Xavderion wrote:
Prove me wrong by quantifying the effect of RMT on the average player.

I'll do better than that, I'll quantify the effect of RMT on me, someone who, by all intents and purposes, will be the LEAST affected by RMT.

As you know, Xav, I don't trade, I play self found, I play solo, I don't covet that what others have, I don't compete, I am.. removed from the economy and competition.

There is, however, always a threat. A threat that at any time, be it through my own security failures or GGG's, that my account will be plundered. For me, every item could be bound, I could have trading in and out disabled, dropping items disabled, all drops allocated to me or not to me. The only threat being that someone could maliciously delete everything I have. This, however could, with the above implementations, be covered by GGG with a restore without the abuse/exploit risks that would normally go with restores.

GGG don't offer me this, I play constantly with the risk of RMT linked hackers undoing my, atm >6,000 hours of progression. I play with this risk while not taking any of the 'benefits' that cause its existence.

But that isn't all.

There are many designs in PoE which, while not benefiting me, are there for the integrity of the competition. My game play experience is again affected because of something I don't partake in. This is a pretty substantial area including the almighty desync.

Now, I can understand the reasons why certain designs are the way they are, for the competition. For what is a competition if not fair?

This is where it gets me pissed, I KNOW GGG don't act on jsp, botting and RMT anywhere close to how they claim. When someone can, for months on end, use the same name on jsp as their PoE account, advertise and sell the same items on both sites and receive FG for them, and NOTHING is done, I KNOW GGG are talking BS. Then, when someone eventually reports this guy (not me btw, I refused to) he gets a ban and then warns everyone on jsp, openly talks about a way to get his account back and is restored the next day.

Just google "The one who named me was TheAnuhart, he is lurking around on jsp and reporting people to GGG" and see for yourself, you can probably back track through his trade threads, April and May were especially telling of how little GGG care.

So what's the problem?
I don't give a shit whether Tom, Dick or Harry buy X or Y with £, $ or FG. That itself doesn't bother me, it doesn't affect me directly, economy? Fuck economy.

BUT, GGG saying they have this stance on RMT, jsp, FG, external currency, etc and NOT upholding that stance is NOT giving an equal playing field. Those who obey are at a disadvantage to those who openly break the rules. This affects me because I forfeit a better game play experience in so many ways in the cause of a fair competitive playing field which DOES NOT EXIST.
Casually casual.

"
Mahesys wrote:
With high end items a research can be done. See the wand in OP's post. You see that wand --> you look at who has that items ingame --> ban

Say i buy 50 exalts and i spend 25 on an items. Those 25 exalt traded are not tagged as RMTed and thus cannot simply be detected, there is absolutely no way to detect RMTed currency so we can't find RMT users by currency trades themselves

Lastly, please really, inflation in standard and hardcore is naturally caused by the game. RMT have an extremely minimal (if not 0) percentage on that inflation. You're talking about a 1.5 year league in which all other leagues converge cmon... exalts and gear enters there in an endless stream, THAT is causing the vaaaaaaast majority of inflation, not RMT sites

Inflation is caused by currency being introduced to the economy.

Botting exists because of RMT. GGG doesnt give a shit who RMTs. More people bot.

RMT sites have thousands of exalts/eternals, where did those come from?

In order for RMT to not affect inflation botting would have to be non existant - and thats just not true at all.
"just for try, for see and for know"
Yeah,not effected at all ... until the drops start to diminish,loot from chests and breakables gets shredded or content gets ripped from game altogether.

Just off the top of my head.
"
Temper wrote:
Yeah,not effected at all ... until the drops start to diminish,loot from chests and breakables gets shredded or content gets ripped from game altogether.

Wth makes you think GGG manipulates drops according to bot activity?
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
"
"
Temper wrote:

Welcome to MMO developers answer to anything that negatively effects the economy.If they havn't already,they will.

More bots the more currency,everyone gets strangled by nerfs,diminishing returns and pulled content.It's bread and butter MMO procedure.

If GGG feels having so much desync inducing clutter in maps is a good botting deterrent then pulling content like chests from the game is no problem. lol

=)
Last edited by Temper on Jul 17, 2014, 5:26:12 AM
"
jdilly23 wrote:
"
Mahesys wrote:

Inflation is caused by currency being introduced to the economy.

Botting exists because of RMT. GGG doesnt give a shit who RMTs. More people bot.

RMT sites have thousands of exalts/eternals, where did those come from?

In order for RMT to not affect inflation botting would have to be non existant - and thats just not true at all.

Those exalts are not only from botting. They can get those via normal players selling to the too. There are players with 500+ exalts and several mirrors. Those are a crapton of money probably around 2000 dollars only from exalts

Also, not all bots come from RMT site. I'm pretty sure that actually a small percentage comes from RMT sites. All the other ones are used by single players

And with more probability. Normal drops from players paired with endless stream of loot from other leagues is what inflates the market the most. In 1.5 years it's normal to have an inflated market even without any RMT
"
Mahesys wrote:

This is not correct logic.

For instance I bought a dagger:

from a player (if ggg requests I can provide name) for 180 ex hard earned orbs.

I could not find the forum mirroring thread, so I assumed some guild or rich guy made it to be used for himself and his friends/guild mates. Like the 558 ambusher which was not offered for mirror service even tho it was first 6xt1 ambusher.

After reading this post I thought my dagger might be rmt offered and guess what I did find it. Should I be banned for having it?

Perhaps you meant banning the owner of the originals? I think this is not correct logic either. How can u be sure that the RMT offered item is not a mirrored copy someone sold to the RMT site and is now flipped for money? Or perhaps the rmt site mirrors the item from a legit player like Ventor and flips fro real money.

I do agree RMT is a plague and standard has been hit the hardest by it. But tbh, I could care less if some noob, with little to no understanding of the game mechanics and/or economy wants to spend the 1000 usd he got for his 13th birthday, for virtual items in a game he will lose interest in after two months, just so he can copy a flavor of the month build and farm the hardest boss.

For me obtaining my gear was a several year process and I am sure I enjoyed it more than if I got it after 1 month of playing with a RMT.
items shop: 364086
ign: [ICU]missuse
if you like to HLD, add me
inactive in game atm, PM me if you need something.
Last edited by missuse on Jul 17, 2014, 5:36:28 AM
"

Remember coast, ledge, fellshrine previous state ? Compare to what it's now.

And it's just the foam on the surface.

GGG adjusts currency and item drops with botters in mind and it affects all of the players.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info