RMT Sites are now making their own items and selling copies.

"
Achilion wrote:

there is a guy on SC that has a lot of mirror-quality items. A LOT

that makes me wonder on a scenario : how much $$$ is he makin on it if he sells the orbs

There's also a guy in SC, that even sold at least one of his mirror worthy items to an RMT company(or at least it was, before more popular weapon was crafted).
An item was offered to me 2-3 months ago, item wasn't a copy, the barely speaking english chinese somehow managed to explain that I may get a copy of it for xxx $ ;)

Because of the naming and shaming rules I can't tell the name of the crafter, it was a popular item for a long time.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Jul 16, 2014, 3:34:28 PM
"
torturo wrote:

There's also a guy in SC, that even sold at least one of his mirror worthy items to an RMT company(or at least it was, before more popular weapon was crafted).
An item was offered to me 2-3 months ago, item wasn't a copy, the barely speaking english chinese somehow managed to explain that I may get a copy for xxx $ ;)

Because of the naming and shaming rules I can't tell the name of the crafter, it was a popular item for a long time.
But no way to break the forum rules, it won't be me.

You could notify support. Or not. End result should be the same.
No. Calm down. Learn to enjoy losing.
"
Malone wrote:

By the way, I think that crafters having a monopoly harm more the game than RMT sites...

Some of the crafters got their orbs from RMT...

Did you even understand that this thread is about the RMT sites starting to control the high end crafted gear?
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
"
Veruski wrote:
"
qquno wrote:
So, what can be done to prevent such thing in the future? Nothing unless account bound gear/currency, which is not a case for GGG for some mad reason.

Because you're too lazy to even read the most recent two pages of this thread, I'll quote myself.

Because what you suggest does not work. Player X is from RMT site (RMT seller), player Y "trading" with X and acquire 1000 exalts (RMT buyer), player Z is legit and with legit trade acquire 50 exalts from Y. How you gonna distinguish Y (RMT) and Z (legit)? You gonna wave ban all even innocent?

You are too dumb to understand what there is NO way to stop RMT, oh wait, account bound items/currency, right, that work.
IGN: MsAnnoyance
"
b15h09 wrote:

You could notify support. Or not. End result should be the same.

He's too big to fail :)
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Jul 16, 2014, 4:13:04 PM
"
qquno wrote:
"
Veruski wrote:
"
qquno wrote:
So, what can be done to prevent such thing in the future? Nothing unless account bound gear/currency, which is not a case for GGG for some mad reason.

Because you're too lazy to even read the most recent two pages of this thread, I'll quote myself.

Because what you suggest does not work. Player X is from RMT site (RMT seller), player Y "trading" with X and acquire 1000 exalts (RMT buyer), player Z is legit and with legit trade acquire 50 exalts from Y. How you gonna distinguish Y (RMT) and Z (legit)? You gonna wave ban all even innocent?

You are too dumb to understand what there is NO way to stop RMT, oh wait, account bound items/currency, right, that work.

Okay Account bound should never ever be an option - Please go away now!

Edit: Even that can be RMT'ed, Sherlock. Real solution is to make people understand RMT = losing. How - I dont know.
Last edited by kussekurt on Jul 16, 2014, 4:14:38 PM
"
qquno wrote:
Because what you suggest does not work.

It's used widely in industry and is a proven technique.

"
qquno wrote:
Player X is from RMT site (RMT seller), player Y "trading" with X and acquire 1000 exalts (RMT buyer), player Z is legit and with legit trade acquire 50 exalts from Y. How you gonna distinguish Y (RMT) and Z (legit)? You gonna wave ban all even innocent?

If it was a legitimate trade, it should be easy to see. Eg, a kaoms for X exalts.

If it's just player X (known RMT seller) straight up gives 50 exalts to player Z and Z gives nothing in return for those exalts, it can safely be concluded as an RMT transaction.

If it's a false positive, player Z could contact support and make their case, as is done in every other video game that actively bans RMT'ers.

"
qquno wrote:

You don't "stop" RMT. You mitigate it, and drive it as far underground as possible, and increase the risk of banning as much as possible.

Just like you can't stop crime IRL, but you can mitigate it.

Yes, I want proof, what's wrong about that?. Everyone claims how RMT is ruining their PoE experience, but nobody can show how exactly it happens. Usually it boils down to X being jelly of Y having better items than him. If you're a player aiming for #1 spot on the ladder, I can see how RMT affects you a ton. But if you're an average player, I really don't see it. Pls show.[/quote]

RMT causes inflation in the economy. Price levels rise as a result of it. Your purchasing power remains the same because you do not RMT. Thus, it's harder for you to obtain goods vs someone who RMT's.[/quote]

Ventor is right. Its simple supply and demand on every level but I will use a high end example. Say I have a mirror for sale and at any given time there are ten real non rmt players that can afford it. They put in their time, grinded and traded to afford the mirror. Now add twenty players that got sick of grinding and bought tons of exalts each. You have one mirror and now thirty buyers instead of ten. What do you think happens when I see so many more buyers to my mirror's sale price? Its a huge increase in demand. Its counterfeit money basically. And when you can print money you don't care what things cost.
ign slashzilla
"Buy when there is blood on the streets, even if the blood is your own."
Slashzilla Reave Guide- http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/514128
SALES THREAD-http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/524661
http://gyazo.com/da6159e17a1ec3710b9cb8601a145a9a
Last edited by Atlas305 on Jul 16, 2014, 4:26:41 PM
The easiest way to explain why RMT is bad is that it vastly increases the incentive for botting, which fucks up the economy (much faster inflation), and by proxy orb drop-rates, assuming GGG adjusts these things.
Shit individual drops + completely unregulated economy = rmt's wet dream. Imo GGG only has themselves to blame when rmt becomes so prevalent.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info