RMT Sites are now making their own items and selling copies.

Maybe a dev should address this issue?
or at least let us know if they're planning on fixing eternal orbs/mirrors
"
morbo wrote:
Anyone surprised, huh? PoE design is as if it was made for RMT:

* competitive nature
* insane RNG / grindiness
* mirrors
* eternals
* gameplay that is basically gear-check. It cant be skill-check, because of desync.
* trading is the most powerful gameplay option
* crafting is pure gambling
* a company that has no resources to do 'police work'

what game is non competitive? every offline tetris app having a online ladder website is competitive.
mirrors and eternals are bad designed though, imho mirrors should put the mirror tag addidtionally on the original item and eternals should work on magic items only.

no time atm to comment your ther points.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Seriously, why do you all care so much? Who gives a dung about people who want to spend real money to play a game? Also its no different then someone buying a mirror or other currency and just getting an item copied.

The real problem is simple, Standard is much like a sewage plant, all the toilets dump into it, only difference is, it NEVER gets treated and leaves, LOL.
IGN:Axe_Crazy
"
SassyBeard wrote:
Maybe a dev should address this issue?
or at least let us know if they're planning on fixing eternal orbs/mirrors

what is there to address? seriously they aren't broken for heaven's sake. Just quit whining and move on. dayum, lol
IGN:Axe_Crazy
"
morbo wrote:
Anyone surprised, huh? PoE design is as if it was made for RMT:

* competitive nature
* insane RNG / grindiness
* mirrors
* eternals
* gameplay that is basically gear-check. It cant be skill-check, because of desync.
* trading is the most powerful gameplay option
* crafting is pure gambling
* a company that has no resources to do 'police work'

Crafting is vendor recipes sir.
"
MasterAxe wrote:
The real problem is simple, Standard is much like a sewage plant, all the toilets dump into it, only difference is, it NEVER gets treated and leaves, LOL.

Pretty much. The logical end of this discussion will look like: Well, standard league needs to be wiped.

Would be nice to see GGG address this particular instance, and put their head on a pike so to speak. But, I still have to wonder why you all care so much. Say the item in question was up for grabs for legit, non-RMT currency ingame. How much ya think that would cost? A handful of mirrors? A stack?

In the end, it doesn't affect anyone posting here, really.
A comprehensive, easy on the eyes loot filter:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1245785

Need a chill group exiles to hang with? Join us:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1251403
Last edited by Antnee on Jul 16, 2014, 10:33:58 AM
"
torturo wrote:
Botting and RMT cannot be removed. It's naive to think the opposite.

There are 3 ways of dealing with it:

1.Make it legal and cheer it, make profit out of it as a gaming company.
2.BOA items.
3.Balance the game in a way bots/RMT doesn't greatly affect the majority of players; implement the proper mechanics that will make RMT not reasonable and, respectively, less popular.

"
in your efforts to defend and whitewash rmt you simply forgot leveling services. i do consider them rmt as well. how do you want to counter that with game design?

your excuses are all in vain, people who buy ingame advantages (gear or accounts) and people offering them the service to do so for real money are assholes who devalue any ingame achievements players can get because they're always under suspicion they bought their way into them.

I think all you can do is whine about it with no single idea about the genesis of RMT and the true reasons it's so popular in this game. Same for the leveling and any kind of service paid with real cash. These are all named "RMT".

BTW I defend nothing. I'm just objective.

Share your thoughts, if there are any.

Lol, what a shitty generalized post.

You don't think companies have been trying to do this for years? But since its so simple, why don't you post YOUR solution to fixing the problem?

No, you'd rather post mindless drivel in an attempt to sound smart.
Invasion - No Sacrifice No Glory

HTTP://WWW.TWITCH.TV/THISISDEUX
"
Deux wrote:

You don't think companies have been trying to do this for years? But since its so simple, why don't you post YOUR solution to fixing the problem?

The three points up there in the thread you've quoted, are based on how various gaming companies have solved, or negated the problem.

It's not me that smart to solve the first world problems, it's what's been proved it's working.

If you don't feel good, it's too hot and your head is a mess, or just retarded, that's not an excuse not to think before pulling abuses out of your ass.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Jul 16, 2014, 10:53:59 AM
"
Deux wrote:

Uh....

How about the same exact way every other company deals with it?

As a developer, or GGG employeee, get your hands on an old account on some of these dirty websites. Participate in RMT in order to unmask people doing it -- particularly the large quantity movers.

Don't ban them right off. Use them and observe them once you know who they are, and find out who they are trading with, where their orbs are coming from, where they are going.

Once you have a lot of evidence and a nice fat list of guilty accounts -- do a massive ban wave

This would protect the identity of your under-cover account, do tons of damage to the RMT infrastructure, and sow mistrust across the active RMT'ers, forcing it further underground and thus making it harder for people to participate in it, and increasing the likelihood that they get banned as a result.

No, you can never completely get rid of RMT... But you can absolutely fight it, and do lots of damage, and make big examples of people. I don't see this happening with PoE, though. The developers seem to not care.

PoE is very RMT-friendly. I don't say this because GGG allows it. I say it because in my experience, compared to other games, GGG seems to not put much effort into stopping it.
Last edited by Veruski on Jul 16, 2014, 11:05:34 AM
"
torturo wrote:
"
Deux wrote:

The three points up there in the thread you've quoted, are based on how various gaming companies have solved, or negated the problem.

If you don't feel good, it's too hot and your head is a mess, or just retarded, that's not an excuse not to think before pulling abuses out of your ass.

Funny, I haven't played an MMO yet to date (been playing them for 15 years) that has solved or negated the issue entirely..

Not even close.

But you are right, I probably "don't feel good", goes to lay down.
Invasion - No Sacrifice No Glory

HTTP://WWW.TWITCH.TV/THISISDEUX

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info