unreal prices for all end game gear

"
Qarl wrote:

There would never have been a time when an item like that dagger would have been cheap.

Sorry, the issue is still learn to play.

Do you know how much it took to make Loath Bane? If it was cheap, it would have been well over 3000 exalts.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Mahesys wrote:
"
slantasiam wrote:
my gear...

as you can see this is about me not having much to look forward too unless I grind 12k maps

Sorry but i have to ask: how the hell can you even survive with this gear? i really hope you're CI, what's your ES/life?

Also link your build if you want
1 life 4500 es ci and at some point vaal
"
Qarl wrote:
"
slantasiam wrote:
... loath bane dagger ....

.... longtime players have them when they were cheap ...

There would never have been a time when an item like that dagger would have been cheap.

I do have a quick couple of questions for you, as I am fascinated by your post:
  • How much play-time would you expect to put in to get the best available items?
  • What would your play goals be after that point?
  • What other games do you play, and were you looking for a comparable experience?

If you'd prefer to answer privately, hit the PM button next to this post.

Instead of asking one person in a thread, make this a poll or its own thread or something. I would be interested knowing what people think would be the right balance of finding and trading and what they would do once they achieved their ingame goals.

To me personally, the first question is subjective, it varies from person to person.

Second one is easy, find another awesome item for another char to use. So there is no real final goal per se for me.

Last one is tricky but i try to simplify. I want the game to be different than the games in its genre because why would i play this game if its like another game of the same genre just with a different story?
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:

Sorry, the issue is still learn to play.

Do you know how much it took to make Loath Bane? If it was cheap, it would have been well over 3000 exalts.
Perfect items could end up costing a lot less than that, since you roll for the rarest mods first while its still blue. I dont think its a problem that end game items cost a lot, the only thing that sucks is that in practice the first person to make a 'perfect' item is able to get an insane amount of wealth from mirror services, basically free currency, which would allow them to craft even more perfect items as well as buying mirrors to get themselves an extra copy if they wanted...Its just the first perfect item that is a big hurdle.

EDIT: This is assuming that there is only one perfect item on the market. As soon as more people craft their own perfect items & begin to under-cut eachother, which may end up being a slow process (or maybe its already happened in the perm leagues), the price will remain high (but mirror prices will always be high of course)
Last edited by Metronomy on Jul 14, 2014, 4:40:01 AM
why do you guys keep missing the point this has nothing to do with play and all to do with there is nothing to gain after you hit the top tier gear wall.. hence no reason to play.
seriously only the insane would think it was a good idea to spend 2 years to get a item...my point was, this is why new players don't last. getting to lvl 66 you make what maybe a ex if lucky? sure you can play longer in a limpdick kind of way but reason a lot play is for wow factor of getting new prizes and making their chars better.
"
kasub wrote:
I have no idea how you got that gear with a 66 character and no previous 70+ character. You already have "endgame" gear. You can still upgrade without spending much on some spots though.

The main fun for me and many others is the endgame of PoE. The diversity of mapping. I don't usually have a fully functional character till around level 75-80(all proper links and such).

His gear is highly suspect for his level. I would sat confirmed RMTer except his join date is early last year. He probably deletes his old characters.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
"
PoE needs a tier of workman items just below BiS shit in power but massively cheaper, just like Runewords vs Fools Mod Rares in Diablo 2

Something GGG dosen't seem to understand is the concept of luxuries. Luxuries are overpriced shit with slightly more power for the no-lifers to waste their life on. 6Links/Shavs/CoE/Acuity/LoathBanes aren't luxuries. They're "Pay to faceroll and break the game that is too hard for non-nolifers and too easy for no-lifers"

As long as Loath Banes exist, theres literally no reason for stuff like Bino's kitchen knife to be rare enough to cost more than an exalt. GGG could make it a quest reward and it wouldn't negatively affect the game because theres still something slightly more powerful to obtain. No lifers exist to spend 1000s of hours of time growing their epeen. It dosen't matter if Loath Bane is 1.1 or 11 times as powerful as Binos. The pride is all the Nolifer cares about. Same reason why useless party hats and trimmed gear in Runescape manage to sell for 10 times as much.

if they made something a step below top tier they would still end up costing a fortune....
"
slantasiam wrote:
why do you guys keep missing the point this has nothing to do with play and all to do with there is nothing to gain after you hit the top tier gear wall.. hence no reason to play.
seriously only the insane would think it was a good idea to spend 2 years to get a item...my point was, this is why new players don't last. getting to lvl 66 you make what maybe a ex if lucky? sure you can play longer in a limpdick kind of way but reason a lot play is for wow factor of getting new prizes and making their chars better.

Are you kidding? No reason to play because you got your GG item? Youre so wrong. I play because the game is fun, no item i could ever find would keep me from playing. My only issue with POE was always the fact its trading for life or bust.

I dont do the trading game and it shows that others are so messed up by it too they ask me what i want for an item even though its free. I give items away, i dont put prices on anything, its nicer that way and im not a greedy bitch who needs 100000 ex in my stash made with trading all day, i wish i could find the ex and throw em at low lvl items but thats only wishful thinking at this point. I make new chars all the time, what good is it when i start gambling/crafting at lvl 60+ or 70+?

All in all, orbs are nice if you trade all the fucking time. If i want to play the monster slaying game im shit outta luck in ever using an ex on an item because all i got is 3 ex and that since i started playing.
"
slantasiam wrote:
"
PoE needs a tier of workman items just below BiS shit in power but massively cheaper, just like Runewords vs Fools Mod Rares in Diablo 2

Something GGG dosen't seem to understand is the concept of luxuries. Luxuries are overpriced shit with slightly more power for the no-lifers to waste their life on. 6Links/Shavs/CoE/Acuity/LoathBanes aren't luxuries. They're "Pay to faceroll and break the game that is too hard for non-nolifers and too easy for no-lifers"

As long as Loath Banes exist, theres literally no reason for stuff like Bino's kitchen knife to be rare enough to cost more than an exalt. GGG could make it a quest reward and it wouldn't negatively affect the game because theres still something slightly more powerful to obtain. No lifers exist to spend 1000s of hours of time growing their epeen. It dosen't matter if Loath Bane is 1.1 or 11 times as powerful as Binos. The pride is all the Nolifer cares about. Same reason why useless party hats and trimmed gear in Runescape manage to sell for 10 times as much.

if they made something a step below top tier they would still end up costing a fortune....

If there were no eternals and if items could only be mirrored one time, then everything from top to bottom would make more sense. The whole system is an RMT trap at the moment.
"
"
kasub wrote:
I have no idea how you got that gear with a 66 character and no previous 70+ character. You already have "endgame" gear. You can still upgrade without spending much on some spots though.

The main fun for me and many others is the endgame of PoE. The diversity of mapping. I don't usually have a fully functional character till around level 75-80(all proper links and such).

His gear is highly suspect for his level. I would sat confirmed RMTer except his join date is early last year. He probably deletes his old characters.
I have made many toons to over 70... and this is not my only account.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info