unreal prices for all end game gear

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
My record was 108 days played in one year of DAoC. Never. Again.

Kripp is that you ?
IGN : Sir_Big
"
Route1 wrote:
80 hours a week on a video game is honestly a sign that you need some sort of help. I'm not joking.

If you can faceroll the game with a 10th of that price (200 exalts) then you need to play 8 hours a week.

Who would had thought.

Unless 8 hours a week is too hardcore for you.

Hell you can prob faceroll the game with a 20th of that price at 100 exalts or less which is 2-4 hours a week.

All of this within a 4 month period.

This is after leveling by the way, spending 20-30 hours getting to level 70 and beating dom (which is what I assume is the average person) doesn't count in the time acutally spent making money)

Which is what most people problem is here, they'll say they played like 1000 hours but in reality they had like 20 characters all at level 60-70 or something. For some reason they believe there is a magical barrier at 70/get bored because they need mirror worthy gear to hit 78 maps or something.
Last edited by RagnarokChu on Jul 15, 2014, 5:36:44 PM
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
Tzaina wrote:
you sure are doing something wrong.

love that bullshit line.
makes me laugh every time.

Well I dunno, you can't afford Carcass 5L after 2 years and now there are dozens of them that have been bought in the FRESH league that has only been there 4 days.

The least you could say is - "I haven't been playing optimally"
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Jul 15, 2014, 10:36:37 PM
Path of Insults

:D
"
Faendris wrote:
"
Route1 wrote:
80 hours a week on a video game is honestly a sign that you need some sort of help. I'm not joking.

This is a reference. I am in the 10-20 hours/week range. I make much more than 2ex/hour though if I am farming.

Cheers!

Pls post tutorial!
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
Tzaina wrote:

love that bullshit line.

Well I dunno, you can't afford Carcass 5L after 2 years and now there are dozens of them in the FRESH league that has only been there 4 days.

All of those were RMTed bro. Get on John's level.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
Xavderion wrote:
"
Chundadragon wrote:

Well I dunno, you can't afford Carcass 5L after 2 years and now there are dozens of them in the FRESH league that has only been there 4 days.

All of those were RMTed bro. Get on John's level.

Not gonna lie, I'm pretty stoked that everyone's onto his bullshit.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
"
slantasiam wrote:
here is an example of the crazy prices in this game loath bane dagger its best in slot it costs lowest I ever saw was 280 ex that's right boys and girls 280ex

GGG must have been listening! I just picked up two Loath Bane Rare Daggers with almost 400 physical hit each while playing on normal coast! I then switched to duel wielding and went from level 3 to level 122 in just 1 hour of game play. I won the game and so I sold my two daggers on the RMT for 100 million dollars each and I'm retiring to Hawaii. Oh yea I'm also marrying Angelina Jolie and Barrack Obama will be my best man. Thank you GGG I owe it all to you and PoE!
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
johnKeys wrote:
"
Tzaina wrote:

love that bullshit line.

Well I dunno, you can't afford Carcass 5L after 2 years and now there are dozens of them that have been bought in the FRESH league that has only been there 4 days.

Thats the thing, there SHOULDN'T BE an "optimal way" of farming. Farming should just be that: farming. Meaning you grind maps, bosses, and areas over and over. There shouldn't be a barrier to making currency at a reasonable pace without jumping through hoops like equipping an entirely alternative sent of farming gear which, by the way, costs currency to make it even worth while.

If I play for about 4-6 hours a day, I should by all means be making a reasonable amount of exalts. That is realistically a lot of time to invest in a game almost every day. Not to mention the REAL money invested in this game. Also, what if I am simply not interested in trading? What if i simply don't like it at all? Should I be forced to trade and do something I don't enjoy in this game in order to afford really good end-game gear at all? With prices the way they are, I can't afford a 6 link I want to add an additional support gem I've always wanted to use. I also need to replace my boots, gloves, one ring and helm. I want them to be GOOD too. With prices and drop-rates the way they are though, It's going to be forever until I can afford those and I even put in the time almost every day.

Drop rates suck. Everyone knows it.
Last edited by Route1 on Jul 16, 2014, 1:27:19 AM
"
Route1 wrote:

Thats the thing, there SHOULDN'T BE an "optimal way" of farming. Farming should just be that: farming. Meaning you grind maps, bosses, and areas over and over. There shouldn't be a barrier to making currency at a reasonable pace without jumping through hoops like equipping an entirely alternative sent of farming gear which, by the way, costs currency to make it even worth while.

If I play for about 4-6 hours a day, I should by all means be making a reasonable amount of exalts. That is realistically a lot of time to invest in a game almost every day. Not to mention the REAL money invested in this game. Also, what if I am simply not interested in trading? What if i simply don't like it at all? Should I be forced to trade and do something I don't enjoy in this game in order to afford really good end-game gear at all? With prices the way they are, I can't afford a 6 link I want to add an additional support gem I've always wanted to use. I also need to replace my boots, gloves, one ring and helm. I want them to be GOOD too. With prices and drop-rates the way they are though, It's going to be forever until I can afford those and I even put in the time almost every day.

Drop rates suck. Everyone knows it.

Not true. Drop rates are fine.

See, what you are saying is essentially: "No matter what I do in game, no matter how smart I play, I should get a fixed amount of loot per hour." To me this sounds utterly boring. It is kind of a communist way to design games. I love PoE exactly because it rewards the effort I put into the game and playing smart.

However, there is hope you. Blizzard essentially adopted your idea to a large degree with D3 RoS and to some degreee in WoW. Maybe you should have a look at their games? I find them utterly boring exactly because they follow this design principle of "no matter what you do, you get about the same amount of loot per hour as everyone else". To me playing these games feels like being a bot - no intelligence required, just mind numbing farming.

Last edited by Faendris on Jul 16, 2014, 1:58:20 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info