1 month league response to low player numbers?

"
Jojas wrote:
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
How do you get 1 month league = because of low player numbers

It's because he doesn't like the state of the game, so he's throwing dirt. Also he wants attention and he knows he gets it with troll posts like that.

Oh come on. It's a well established fact that player count is dropping rapidly. You can see it by steam count, but also number of trade channels, number of global channels, number of public parties and town instances, the number of responses to poe.xyz trade bins, and the red and green balls next to the names on the ladder. Stream viewers on Twitch are also at an all time low.

You should reserve the word trolling for someone who is egging on people with ridiculous opinions. It's a fact that player numbers are really low, and it's very plausible that GGG launched a league to boost activity and sales a bit. Why do you think that is bad?
i use a secret account because i am a politician that doesnt want the NSA to know i play poe.
"
"
Jojas wrote:
"
RagnarokChu wrote:
How do you get 1 month league = because of low player numbers

It's because he doesn't like the state of the game, so he's throwing dirt. Also he wants attention and he knows he gets it with troll posts like that.

Oh come on. It's a well established fact that player count is dropping rapidly. You can see it by steam count, but also number of trade channels, number of global channels, number of public parties and town instances, the number of responses to poe.xyz trade bins, and the red and green balls next to the names on the ladder. Stream viewers on Twitch are also at an all time low.

You should reserve the word trolling for someone who is egging on people with ridiculous opinions. It's a fact that player numbers are really low, and it's very plausible that GGG launched a league to boost activity and sales a bit. Why do you think that is bad?

That still doesn't answer my question, they would had the 1 month league/races like they do all of the time normally if they had a "high playerbase".
It is low now and will go up again with the next mini-expansion/4-month league, then down again over time, then up again with act 4, and so on.

Of course GGG tries to keep people occupied between leagues, that is just standard business practice. It would be seriously daft not to offer anything to anyone who is staying between leagues.

Your assumptions are just ill will.
"
It's a well established fact that player count is dropping rapidly

It actually isn't. The core amount of players has only been steadily increasing while the general playerbase has been stagnant since around January. There will be future spikes that will dip down to this stagnant level. This period will be especially low in numbers till the next mini expansion.

The 1 month league is nothing special. Just another event in between leagues.
Last edited by kasub on Jul 11, 2014, 2:07:48 PM
Is this the 'Canadian girls are hot' thread? Huh? No? Well regardless, do you agree/disagree? Discuss
"
BackwoodsS wrote:
Is this the 'Canadian girls are hot' thread? Huh? No? Well regardless, do you agree/disagree? Discuss

I fapped to Shania Twain and Pamela Anderson when I was a kid, so I guess that counts as a yes.
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
"
dspair wrote:
"
jarlaxelb wrote:
OP: Where are you getting your numbers to claim that "cannot deny that player numbers have dropped drastically."

I'd sure love to see that. And don't tell me steam charts.

Okay, lets use official data- oh wait, they hide it.

Care to find a game that isn't steam exclusive that does post their numbers? I know you won't find official d3 numbers either.

EvE Online, the PoE of MMOs, is the only game I can think of which shows live data on their login screen. But really, this wouldn't stop people like OP to claim that the data is forged.

People will cry all the time because they are bored and my Guild will continue to live because we meet each other every 4 months again. This season was crazy, my guild members were playing almost up until the end of the season! :)

I'll stay awake today to enjoy the league start at 2AM. I'll sure love to read some global aswell. <3
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Jul 11, 2014, 3:09:58 PM
"
jarlaxelb wrote:
"
Universalis wrote:
Lol this bad tongues fest :D

Here's solid data:

http://steamcharts.com/app/238960#All

Amount of players going down slowly like any other game, nothing special to say about it, yet.

newsflash: steam numbers are a crock of shit. The majority of the posters on this forum (people who really do care about the game) don't play on steam.

solid data my ass

1. Prove it.
2. Steam charts provide trending info. You can use it to see what patterns are going on even if you know the actual numbers may be different (and are). This is because the ratios are similar and over time average out.
3. It's normal for this game to have people drop off 2-4 weeks before the end of a season, and until the next 4-month season starts, these people will be playing other games (myself included). When the new season starts, you will see a large number of players return (myself included).
Four month leagues, race leagues, 1 month leagues, 2 week races, all proof that the game is dying.

if the game wasn't dying than there would just be standard and hardcore

if ggg makes new leagues it is proof that the game is dying WAKE UP SHEEPLE
anything is everything
Today it was sunny out. I wonder if it is because poe is dying.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info