Monotonus Ledge

So sick of these races already, and there are about 50+ left? There are so many things you could do with races besides reminding us of the old "zone of farm".

Please, never again so many ><
A lot of the "hardcore" racers hate this race. Its favored towards the casuals who represent 99% of the racing population who seem to love endless ledge for some reason.

I wish they would add more stuff to it, make it better, or just remove it in general. As it stands I don't see it getting removed however.
Yeah, one way of making it more FAIR to everyone:
First, evaluate mobs difficulty based on good racers feedback
for example:
Spoiler
green spiders: 1
monkeys: 1
any zombies: 1
blue crabs: 1
white spiders: 1
red ambushers: 1
red viper strike spiders: 2
flicker spiders: 3
vuln crabs: 4
ele weak ambushers: 6
ambushers w/o ele weak: 3
freeze pulsers: 4
any puncture mobs: 4
devourers: 5
fire doges: before level 11 - 2, after: 1
ele skelies with necromancers: before level 11 - 5, after: 2
arc ribbons: before level 11 - 10, after - 5
dischargers: before level 11 - 7, after - 5
whirling blades mob from city of sarn w/o puncture: 2
whirling blades mob from city of sarn with puncture: 5
carrion queens+bugs: 2
evangelists: 12
leaping chimerals: 12
any other act 3 piece of shit at any level: 10
etc...
then generate level enemies types so its summary equals from 10 to 15, for example:
ele weak ambushers + spiders + monkeys+red spiders = 10
dischargers b4 lvl 11 + freeze pulsers + monkeys+green spiders = 13
evangelists+dischargers+leaping chimerals+freeze pulsers (regular el zone for me): 35 - cant spawn
So EL will become more or less fair. Its retarded when some people get little green spiders +monkeys+zombies and others get act 3 shit.
Second, add chests with gear set drops like:
Spoiler
at the end of lvl 2 zone you get medium flask+ms boots or coral ring + ms boots
at the end of lvl 4 zone you get coral+alch or medium flask+alch
at the end of lvl 6 zone you get weapon for your class for lvl 8 + transmute or 2x alch orbs
at the end of lvl 8 zone you get topaz ring+alch or 2 alch
at the end of lvl 10 zone you get sapphire ring+alch or ruby ring+alch
etc
Third, add vendor at the end of every 3rd zone (so if you fail to roll weapon, at least you can do ipd recipe. If you fail to get +1 on wand/scepters, at least you can do recipe). Fourth, bump currency drops 5 times.
This will be fun and fair race, not this crap we getting now.
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
Last edited by jstq on Jun 17, 2014, 3:31:55 AM
"
jstq wrote:
snip

So what you're saying is, turn EL into Descent variant #3. Can't say that's appealing.
Character archive: view-thread/963707
HC: 96 RIP
SC: 95 97 96 100 95 96 97 98
Settlers: 88(retired) 95 92(BPL) 94(Settlers GSF)
So remove this retarded race from this game. Worthless piece of crap no skill all rng waste of time.
alt art shop view-thread/1195695
t.me/jstqw for contact
"
jstq wrote:
So remove this retarded race from this game. Worthless piece of crap no skill all rng waste of time.

Agreed
I have actually always enjoyed endless ledge (except possibly the BLAMT variant). I was going make a write up for why I like this race and the strategy/approach to it to make things work but it became way too long and I'm not sure people want to read a wall of text on EL races.

However I do agree that too many "fun" type races in a season can be a problem depending on the type of competition people want.

Also, I like the idea of some minor tweaks to make things smoother. Maybe limit certain monster types in zones 2 and 3. Also including a Jade, Amber, and Lapis amulet in the starting chest could be nice. On that note a small grace time to pick up starting items would be cool as well.
"
Throzz wrote:
I have actually always enjoyed endless ledge (except possibly the BLAMT variant). I was going make a write up for why I like this race and the strategy/approach to it to make things work but it became way too long and I'm not sure people want to read a wall of text on EL races.

However I do agree that too many "fun" type races in a season can be a problem depending on the type of competition people want.

Also, I like the idea of some minor tweaks to make things smoother. Maybe limit certain monster types in zones 2 and 3. Also including a Jade, Amber, and Lapis amulet in the starting chest could be nice. On that note a small grace time to pick up starting items would be cool as well.

i think EL could potentially be fun, agree with the tweaks you made. i hate el in its current state but its mainly due to few mob combinations (id prefer to have some removed from the mob pool completely)
Only casuals like Endless Crap.

It's always 1h, despite being extended after the 24h Endless Crap race.

FYI the shedule barely changed for 3 seasons.
S2 still had the best shedule. It's only a matter of time till nobody wants to see Descent Crap, Endless Crap or 12min busts ever again.

"
Hilbert wrote:
Only casuals like Endless Crap.

It's always 1h, despite being extended after the 24h Endless Crap race.

FYI the shedule barely changed for 3 seasons.
S2 still had the best shedule. It's only a matter of time till nobody wants to see Descent Crap, Endless Crap or 12min busts ever again.

That's hopefully one good thing with shoving these shit races down our throats. GGG might realize that bursts, EL, and Descent races are bullshit and then limit them significantly after a little backlash on how many there are this season.
IGN: Hybris_the_StormHerald - Nemesis
Season 3 - #3 Marauder - #15 overall points
Season 4 - #2 Marauder - #2 Duelist - #9 overall points
Season 5 - #1 Marauder - #2 Duelist - #20 overall points

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info