Breakdown of Saturday's Marathon Sales Day

We've calculated what portion of sales each discounted microtransaction contributed, as a percentage.

Here's the list sorted by timeslot (earliest first):
  • Infernal Weapon Effect: 5.15%
  • Skull Hood: 1.36%
  • Seraph Spectral Throw: 3.74%
  • Tiki Totem Skin: 1.12%
  • Seraph Weapon Effect: 4.11%
  • Infernal Footprints Effect: 1.90%
  • Elite Armour Pack: 11.53%
  • Skin Transfer Bundle: 11.40%
  • Extra Gore Weapon Effect: 2.16%
  • Lightning Footprints Effect: 2.34%
  • Raise Mummy Skin: 1.87%
  • Arctic Weapon Effect: 5.09%
  • Seraph Wings: 11.09%
  • Premium Guild Stash Tab: 4.23%
  • Vampiric Weapon Effect: 2.54%
  • Demon King Horns: 6.07%
  • Infernal Skull: 6.14%
  • Lightning Weapon Effect: 6.20%
  • Acid Weapon Effect: 1.06%
  • Arctic Skull Effect: 3.65%
  • Lightning Skull Wrath: 1.86%
  • Iron Maiden: 0.82%
  • Arctic Footprints Effect: 1.68%
  • Lightning Skull Effect: 2.90%

Here's the list sorted by sales (best-selling first):
  • Elite Armour Pack: 11.53%
  • Skin Transfer Bundle: 11.40%
  • Seraph Wings: 11.09%
  • Lightning Weapon Effect: 6.20%
  • Infernal Skull: 6.14%
  • Demon King Horns: 6.07%
  • Infernal Weapon Effect: 5.15%
  • Arctic Weapon Effect: 5.09%
  • Premium Guild Stash Tab: 4.23%
  • Seraph Weapon Effect: 4.11%
  • Seraph Spectral Throw: 3.74%
  • Arctic Skull Effect: 3.65%
  • Lightning Skull Effect: 2.90%
  • Vampiric Weapon Effect: 2.54%
  • Lightning Footprints Effect: 2.34%
  • Extra Gore Weapon Effect: 2.16%
  • Raise Mummy Skin: 1.87%
  • Lightning Skull Wrath: 1.86%
  • Infernal Footprints Effect: 1.90%
  • Arctic Footprints Effect: 1.68%
  • Skull Hood: 1.36%
  • Tiki Totem Skin: 1.12%
  • Acid Weapon Effect: 1.06%
  • Iron Maiden: 0.82%

Various factors like what time of day it was and how recently we ran a deal on the item probably influenced sales a fair amount, but it's fascinating to see which items are popular.

We're not planning to run a promotion like this again soon, but if we do decide to repeat it in the future, we'll definitely built on what we learnt this time.

Most heavily-requested deals that didn't make it into the Saturday special will be featured in upcoming daily deals over the next few days/weeks. Thanks again for your awesome support, it really helps!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
Last edited by Chris on Jun 9, 2014, 1:06:21 AM
OMG First for the first time in my life (yo dawg).

On a more constructive note:

Chris, me and many people wanted the Hatred effect :(

I spent at least 18 of the 24 hours checking the website and nothing.

I really want that effect for my current build, and the only reason I don't buy it is because it costs 90 points and I only have 60.

I really wanted a sale on that one :(
I'm in an abusive relationship with life. It keeps beating the hell out of me and I'm too cowardly to leave it.

IGN • NCPereira
STEAM • steamcommunity.com/id/NCPereira
Last edited by NCPereira on Jun 9, 2014, 1:07:09 AM
I was very surprised no pets went on sale.
Ascension tied to Lab is the worst thing GGG has done...apart from GGG's philosophy on Trading. Oh and Gambling Loot boxes. And selling out to tencent.

I used to love GGG. I supported to ensure GGG remained independent, now I just wish I could get my money back. -_-
Was hoping for Seraph pack.. wish I got the Elite armor pack now :(

Edit: Heavily requested items on sale for the few days/weeks? Seen people waiting the Seraph pack like me, hope it's on the list :)
Last edited by Snel on Jun 9, 2014, 1:13:03 AM
I am wondering why the 24hr sale was back-to-back, i.e. only 1 item every hour.

From what i've read on reddit, a fair number of people missed the sales because of time zone differences.

Why weren't all 24 sales items discounted over a 24hr period? This way, nobody would have missed an item due to time zone differences.

Is there a particular reason why GGG chose to run the marathon this way? Are people more likely to purchase the current sales item if they don't know what's coming up next?

If all items were discounted at 50% for a 24hr period, wouldn't more people be buying/spending points to purchase the deals?

I feel this 24hr sale (back-to-back) sends the wrong message that sleep is not important, which is a very dangerous one (health first!).
GuardianOfValhalla
Last edited by GermanSuplex64 on Jun 9, 2014, 3:03:28 AM
And this the day that I can't purchase as my credit card is full :(
IGN: JuanTamod / Epic_Hero
Nice one. I would have bought a few others except for that pesky thing...what do you call it?... Oh yea sleeping. I like the idea of putting all items on sale for 24 hours VS one every hour. It's not very realistic to expect people to lose a days sleep for MTX sales.
Actually even having a 12 hour sale on a group of mtx items would be acceptable.
Saved
Last edited by 60x7 on Jun 9, 2014, 1:31:18 AM
Only got the skin transfer bundle.
Last edited by Sorbetero on Jun 9, 2014, 1:25:11 AM
"
I am wondering why the 24hr sale was back-to-back, i.e. only 1 item every hour.

From what i've read on reddit, a fair number of people missed the sales because of time zone differences.

Why weren't all 24 sales items discounted for 24hrs duration? This way, nobody would have missed an item due to time zone differences.

Is there a particular reason why GGG chose to run the marathon this way? Are people more likely to purchase the current sales item if they don't know the next (and possibly the one they're waiting for)?

Am also curious about this.
Like I said on reddit. This should probably have been 12 hours then a repeat for the next 12 hours then a new set of 12+12 hours to accommodate all time zones better.
In game contact @MajorAsshole

Challenge T-Shirt: 4/6 | Full Challenge Totems: 21/27

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info