[1.1.5] 5 Aura Elemental Molten Strike with point blank 30k dps (video) by Donaldgo

[Introduction]

This is an elemental variant of Molten strike. It is a relative cheap build compared with physical mode. Most of dps come from aura (Anger, Wrath and Hastes), high attack speed, stacking shock status and point blank. This build is very similar with Buzzsaw elemental ST. The tooltip dps of molten strike can reach 30k with good rare gears in team play.

Elemental defense is good due to dual purity gems. Physical defense is a weak point. So I use 2 sets of CwDT to avoid sudden death. But I still need to skip academy boss. LGoH is powerful with high attack speed even in elemental reflex map. Mobility is good due to Haste aura and whirling blade.

[Gem]

6L: BM + WED + Multistrike+ FA + Molten strike + LGoH

[Aura]

Anger + Wrath + Haste + Purity of lightning + Purity of fire

[Single play offense and defense]

Spoiler

[Video]

vs Temple and Totrue Chamber boss (1.1.4)
http://youtu.be/ewHQceBOdW8

vs Dominus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_Q4uc5YzIw

vs Temple piety
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7gBvOvxkBM

[Passive Tree go to RT 100 points Scion character]

[Current Passive Tree lv89 without RT]

[Bandit reward]

+40 life, skill point, skill point

[My gear]

Spoiler

Last edited by Donaldgo on Aug 10, 2014, 1:33:30 AM
Your build has given me some good ideas as I seem to have fallen into a Molten Strike build with my Bow Ranger in the 2 Week Charity Event.

I really like how you use Point Blank and that would not have occurred to me as I associate that with a Bow Ranger, but as Molten Strike is a projectile attack I see the utility in it.

I don't really see your reasons for traveling all over the skill tree to grab so many reduced mana nodes. I understand that you are running 4 or 5 auras but I don't think that is so uber that you pass up other useful things for the auras.

I also don't understand why you are so in love with attack speed. You already have 2.0 APS on your weapon, so why pursue more diluting attack speed when you could be building your base damage instead? So for example, why at the Ranger start did you take the three 3% increased attack speed nodes instead of the three 8% increased projectile damage nodes directly above them?

I don't see the logic of using an elemental damage weapon with Molten Strike. The damage from Molten Strike is based on physical damage which has 60% of it converted to fire. Also as the skill levels, physical projectile damage is increased. So I see no benefit in using an elemental weapon with molten strike unless you are pulling it out for physical reflect maps.

I'm curious if you have tried using the increased physical projectile damage gem? As molten strike levels it keeps increasing physical projectile damage, so wouldn't this IPPD be good to include as a support gem?

The Elemental equilibrium node in the skill tree seems like a poor choice because if you hit first with fire you are really gimping molten strike.

I think it would be a really good idea for you to take Ondar's Guile in the skill tree and then you could use a spell block shield instead of the Lioneye's Remorse.

Anyway, a few thoughts for you, and thanks for posting.

(1) This is elemental aura based build, you can check other guide of multiple aura based build. It is the same concept. Anger + Wrath + Haste are for dps. Purity of lightning/fire are for survival (max elemental resistance and elemental reflex protection)

(2) Molten strike is the same setting as lightning strike. The main target dps enhanced by base damage increasing => physical reduction => projectile reduction. My concept is to skip the physical reduction in dps calculation by utilizing total elemental damage.

(3) Because I want to keep higher melee single target damage, I choose high attack speed node and high attack speed gear. Projectile damage node can enhance volcano ball dps, but not the main target. This is alternative choice.

(4) I didn't use EE. You can check the passive tree again. EE will reduce dps.

(5) About the defense, Block and dodge can be alternative modification.

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info