Any way to see Damage Done?

Is there any way to see how much damage my hits are doing? like a little number over the enemies head. If not are there any plans to add this feature?

Last bumped on May 21, 2013, 4:58:04 AM
From what I remember, there will not be a floating damage ticker in PoE. My opinion on the matter: it adds to the already massive clutter of mobs and particle effects that it would take away from the game.
"
Repeats wrote:
From what I remember, there will not be a floating damage ticker in PoE. My opinion on the matter: it adds to the already massive clutter of mobs and particle effects that it would take away from the game.

I agree 100%. It really isn't necessary to see the specific damage numbers; the decrease in a targeted enemy's life bar is a good enough indicator of the amount of damage being inflicted. I would rather see an option for permanently displaying one's life/energy shield and mana numerically, but again, not really a necessity.
Alea iacta, rota Fortunae incepit volvere.
"
Tithonus wrote:
"
Repeats wrote:

I agree 100%. It really isn't necessary to see the specific damage numbers; the decrease in a targeted enemy's life bar is a good enough indicator of the amount of damage being inflicted. I would rather see an option for permanently displaying one's life/energy shield and mana numerically, but again, not really a necessity.

That the floating DMG numbers are OPTIONAL....is this hard to grasp?
Again..a prime example for self-limiting:

Whoever WANTS the floating numbers can turn on the option. Who thinks it's clutter doesn't need to have them activated.

Whether it's "necessary" is in the eye of the beholder. You will not agree with MY opinion neither do I agree with yours. All i want is HAVE the OPTIONS so I can make *my own* gameplay more enjoyable as I deem, rather than following WHAT SOMEONE ELSE THINKS and wants to impose onto others.

Last edited by Flexyana on Feb 1, 2013, 10:03:17 PM
Is not the players choice, is the developer choice, and with so much priority in hand i wish this will be the least to focus first
"
Flexyana wrote:
"
Tithonus wrote:
"
Repeats wrote:

That the floating DMG numbers are OPTIONAL....is this hard to grasp?
Again..a prime example for self-limiting:

Whoever WANTS the floating numbers can turn on the option. Who thinks it's clutter doesn't need to have them activated.

Whether it's "necessary" is in the eye of the beholder. You will not agree with MY opinion neither do I agree with yours. All i want is HAVE the OPTIONS so I can make *my own* gameplay more enjoyable as I deem, rather than following WHAT SOMEONE ELSE THINKS and wants to impose onto others.

Please explain to me why you think it is necessary to have floating damage numbers, and how it helps gameplay. I can tell you why I believe that it doesn't help. It clutters the screen and does not mesh well with the art direction, ruins immersion, and can be distracting.

Self-limiting is not a bad thing. This game isn't everyone's cup of tea. I would much rather see GGG focus on expanding the game and adding more content than wasting time on inane features like floating damage numbers, even as an option.
Alea iacta, rota Fortunae incepit volvere.
I think that it could hurt the game with the size of the mobs.
Dont you already get lost sometimes. I could imagine adding to that confusion.

I find the numbers pointless half the time cause i cant read them. They end up just merging into a cluster of numbers and it really isnt worth reading them.

and @ guy. there is an option to show hp/es and mana numbers. ui got it on right now.
Smoother than Smooth.
"
Tithonus wrote:

Please explain to me why you think it is necessary to have floating damage numbers, and how it helps gameplay. I can tell you why I believe that it doesn't help. It clutters the screen and does not mesh well with the art direction, ruins immersion, and can be distracting.

Self-limiting is not a bad thing. This game isn't everyone's cup of tea. I would much rather see GGG focus on expanding the game and adding more content than wasting time on inane features like floating damage numbers, even as an option.

FDNs aren't gonna change much for the cluster fuck that is already happening with certain builds, + 5 other players on the screen and you can log out (most of the time the game does it for u). A few more numbers aren't gonna change much, hell it might actually solve some of the confusion errors (is this a mob?!).

I think FDNs add to the game in terms of understanding what's happening on the screen, like when u get a lot of dmg or u get randomly one shotted and you've no ability what so ever to actually recap what has happend. It's just "Oh I'm dead ... well ... time to go more hp/es" while it might be possible that it was a combination of a lot of factors (like mob location bug) that can't be solved with more survivability.

In my opinion PoE has a huge problem with giving a player the feedback he needs in combat situatuins and FDNs can help to solve these issues. The art direction you mention above is a big part of why the game turns into a massive cluster fuck in a multiplayer combat situation. Add player/mob lag and you've no idea what's going on and u just keep pressing your buttons and hope for the best, becouse that's all you can realy do.

I would probably still play w/o FDNs but still it should be an option and it can add to the game with out turning it into a massiv number fuck, if done right.

Both outgoing and incoming dmg can add to the game, just becouse in your opinion it's not worth it doesn't mean it's not an addition.
i don't really see fdn working either

but maybe a combat log

this also has its purposes for testing stuff (even better would be a training dummy like tl2 and a dps meter)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info