Snapshotting

Will Snapshotting (like Righteous Fire) be fixed in future or will it stay in the game.
GGG, i would appreciate an answer :).
Mark has said a few times that they are working on an answer. I believe there was a post by him as recent as yesterday about this in the feedback forums.
It will be fixed in a "big update", maybe in 1.5/1.6
Last edited by MyGg29 on May 2, 2014, 4:27:59 PM
"
Posted by Mark_GGG on May 1, 2014:
UPDATE: Spent some of the morning talking to Jonathan about this - we're now confidant in getting the aura snapshotting fix in for 1.2.0, and we've fleshed out plans for the minion snapshotting fix some more as well.
Doesn't mention RF snapshot but I would assume they will address this as well.

http://goo.gl/o9u8jc
Last edited by Sentracer on May 2, 2014, 5:42:03 PM
"
Sentracer wrote:
"
Posted by Mark_GGG on May 1, 2014:
UPDATE: Spent some of the morning talking to Jonathan about this - we're now confidant in getting the aura snapshotting fix in for 1.2.0, and we've fleshed out plans for the minion snapshotting fix some more as well.
Doesn't mention RF snapshot but I would assume they will address this as well.

http://goo.gl/o9u8jc

Looking at the following quotes from the RF feedback, RF snapshotting might not get changed:
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Zealflare wrote:
Question for GGG employees in charge of skills: Is it intentional that Righteous Fire is the only buff-type skill in the game capable of working despite being weapon-swapped?

Both Arctic Armor and Blood Rage, as well as every aura/tempest shield stop working when they are weapon swapped, but it seems that RF is the only one that is still capable of working post-swap.
It's not - blood rage works the same, and for the same reason. The point of RF is you can't freely turn it off. It's supposed to be dangerous. Allowing weapon swap to be a free way to remove the buff would be counter to that.

and

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Ludvator wrote:
I havent found RF weapon switch exploit on the list of known issues.. Does this mean its intended to work like this?
If you mean that it's maintained after switching away the gem, then yes. Part of the point of RF is it's dangerous because you can't turn it off at will unless you gear specifically for that (flasks). If you could turn it off at will that would be completely lost.

It's hard to imagine how to get rid of snapshotting while still upholding the feature, that rf can't be turned off by swapping weapons.
They could just make it so that the degen effect remains, while the positive effects of RF will be gone, once you do not have the gem equipped. It's just code and all the pieces are there, so they just need to decide how they want to handle it.

Offtopic: Look at my shiny new third skull, I finally found Balus Stoneskull in Fellshrine today. :)
The more you depend on forces outside yourself, the more you are dominated by them.
--Harold Sherman
Last edited by mruuh on May 3, 2014, 6:27:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info