bug? Vaal discipline does not trigger in cast on damage taken

All my other linked Vaal skills (skeletons, etc. etc.) trigger once the soul req is met but not the new discipline gem for whatever reason. The level to cast requirement is correct with respect to the cast on dmg tk gem but it does not cast.

Edit: fyi that the mana is available to cast as well (meaning not short on mana).

?
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
Last edited by cgexile on May 2, 2014, 9:11:53 AM
iirc auras cannot be cast by trigger
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199
Last edited by Amiag on May 2, 2014, 9:25:06 AM
"
Amiag wrote:
iirc auras cannot be cast by trigger

Further explanation:
because abilities triggered by CwDT are not require mana to spend.
In other words - you'd receive 'free' auras with CwDT. Which won't ever happen :D
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
Ah, well that stinks :)

Oh well.
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
I can’t buy any more big supporter packs because the forum only supports showing 7 legacy tags.
Wait - where does it say there is no mana req for CoDT?

I thought it does hit your mana...

I can't cast some spells when my mana is too low when linked to CoDT. Casts just fine when I've got enough mana.

Edit: I see what you mean - you meant mana reserved (I think)
✰CARD✰ The Survivalist
Last edited by cgexile on May 2, 2014, 12:51:13 PM
Vaal Discipline does not reserve mana even when manually cast so this argument is absolutely irelevant.

Imo CWDT does not support regular auras because of duration... since they would last forever until you would disable them manually. It has nothing to do with mana cost/reservation.

But THATS NOT THE CASE OF VAAL DISCIPlINE. It's base duration is only 3 seconds and it does not cost you anything (except souls) even when manually used.

Just fix the bug.
Last edited by Diphal on May 2, 2014, 1:38:33 PM
CwDT could never support auras. It casts something as if you yourself hit the button to cast it. What happens when you hit the button to cast an aura that's already running? Would you really want your auras turning on and off all the time during combat?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
As mentioned in my thread where you replied I have to argue about that.

This makes sense with regular auras... but Vaal Discipline does not reserve/cost any mana and does not have infinite duration. I even think you cant turn it on/off since it acts more like buff (lets say molten shell). I wasnt able to test this out since you have to collect 24 souls in 3 seconds before that buff ends :D

Anyway Vaal Discipline should be supported by CWDT.

I bet the reason that regular auras are not supported is because you could get free auras (even tho they would turn/off) because of mentioned mana reservation/cost being bypassed by trigger gems.
Last edited by Diphal on May 2, 2014, 2:54:42 PM
Just found this thread. I think this is a bug. Vall Discipline is NOT an aura in the sense that it does NOT reserve Mana. It is a temporary buff spell - not unlike Molten Shell.
Vall Discipline shares its name with the aura, and that ladies and jellyfish is where the similarities end. If anyone has an argument with this step up to the podium and BRING it because my words are fast and furious and I will vanquish all in my path.
Oh and has anyone tried VD with Eldrich Battery? I don't think it would do much. Don't try it it's not worth it.

?
"
Just found this thread. I think this is a bug. Vall Discipline is NOT an aura in the sense that it does NOT reserve Mana. It is a temporary buff spell - not unlike Molten Shell.
Vall Discipline shares its name with the aura, and that ladies and jellyfish is where the similarities end. If anyone has an argument with this step up to the podium and BRING it because my words are fast and furious and I will vanquish all in my path.
Oh and has anyone tried VD with Eldrich Battery? I don't think it would do much. Don't try it it's not worth it.

?

Has it -ever- occurred to you that by default all aura-class gems do not proc cwdt? You can take a subjective approach to this all you want, but VD belongs under the aura subclass, and if this subclass do not work with cwdt... it doesn't matter what you think "should" happen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info