Vaal Orbs vs lvl20 gems - THE WAR - 23% omg

The worst is getting Vaal Arc... Such a USELESS Skill... >_<

But if I had to guess, I'd assume that having a Vaal Skill Gem option reduces the likelihood of the No-Change Option; thus the odds of getting +1 remains the same... I hope. :P

Also, I feel that it is my civic duty to inform all of you attempting a 21 Reduced Mana, that it is completely useless. (Except, and ONLY, in the case of putting it inside an item with +1 to Level of Gems, does it do ANYTHING.)

It's just how rounding works. Sadly, my friend didn't know this, and now I need to sell his Level 21 Reduced Mana Gem before the masses realize that it is in fact useless.. xD
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
Last edited by Sheriff_K on Apr 30, 2014, 10:36:23 AM
if gg ever allows to level the gems up further, will the corrupted ones be able to level up? and if so...what benefot was it if i got a +1 level now?
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
"
Antigegner wrote:
if gg ever allows to level the gems up further, will the corrupted ones be able to level up? and if so...what benefot was it if i got a +1 level now?

It would be safe to assume that GGG will never raise the [default] Gem Level cap above 20.
IGN: Golem_Antsy, Harvest
"
JahIthBer89 wrote:
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:

updated with -

Both negative outcomes, including the ruining of the Inc Crit Dmg gem completely. Doubt it's even sellable now.

New 20q versions of both going in for leveling. No breaks tonight on the Vaal orbs :(

Gems like increased crit, faster attacks, faster casting etc aren't worth the risk IMO. The best you could really hope for is an extra 1-2% at the risk of ruining the gem completely.

Yes, the goal is definitely for +3% on those types of gems. Yes it's a risk for a fairly small gain, but in most cases you can sell the corrupted gem a little bit under market and try again on a new gem. If you do happen to it, then hallelujah.

ie hitting +3% on the 20/20 Blood Rage gem would've been fairly huge. I already tie it to Enhance (which will hopefully someday go to level 4 :D) Sadly it only stayed the same. Maybe the next one will hit.
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an

updated the OP with the latest batch of Vaal rolls.

Didn't get stuck with a lvl20 Vaal Haste but it also didn't go to lvl21 :(

New one at some point once some space opens up in the offhands.
+1 Shavs Project -----> /1075009
+1 Acuity Project ----> /990159
#1 6 t1 Wand FOE BITE (5 perfect mods) SOLD /1031745
The Tale of Foe Bite --->>> http://tinyurl.com/o6ox7an
That lvl 21 Arctic armor is sexy like hell :O!
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes

Flame Totem - 20 to 19
Iron Will - 20 to 21

I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!
"
Sheriff_K wrote:
Also, I feel that it is my civic duty to inform all of you attempting a 21 Reduced Mana, that it is completely useless. (Except, and ONLY, in the case of putting it inside an item with +1 to Level of Gems, does it do ANYTHING.)

Question:

Is that rounding issue just RM combined with other gems?

would the same rounding issue occur with Aura gems if the user has some/all of the Reduced Aura Cost nodes, or is the rounding come before the nodes apply?
#1 rule of official forum boards of every video game ever: use the forums to relay info, gather suggestions, or the rare narrow-focused Poll; but NEVER as "feedback".

#2 rule: Never say the #1 rule in an official capacity. Let some guy on the forums say it, leaving yourself plausible deniability.

was a 20/20 normal cyclone at first.
"
mentho81 wrote:

was a 20/20 normal cyclone at first.

That's actually probably pretty valuable, since a lot of melee guys use vaal cyclone and this is the only way to get a q20 one (besides maybe from a q20 strongbox).
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info